Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kentmere conditions
  • crispo
    Free Member

After thinking about riding settle loop today and getting some comments it might be a bit boggy I think I might head up to the lakes instead.

Thought I might park in staveley and ride garburn. Has the snow gone from around there?

Thanks!

lecky94
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday and the snow line started from the switchbacks halfway up,slushy turning to lumpy ice/snow further towards the top.It should have melted a bit more by now though as it seems a bit milder today.enjoy.

Esme
    Free Member

I saw your tracks, Lecky! Maxxis Beavers, by any chance? And did you go “out and back” on the Kentmere side?

Conditions on the top were difficult, with around 40cm of snow on the trail. And the lane on the Troutbeck side was a nightmare 😯

Hope you have a good day, whenever you go!

excitable1
    Free Member

Anyone know what it’s like around Keswick. I was going to head out up over Honister and the Black Sail Pass etc ?

stufive
    Free Member

we have snow/ice on the high ground still,there is a fair bit of mud about due to the melting snow, but its meant to be a dry weekend

excitable1
    Free Member

Just spoke to the people at Honister Quarry, ‘ooooh know there’s hardly any snow left at all’. See you in the morning then 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Was up garburn this afternoon, still quite a bit of snow near the top. Climbing up from troutbeck was hard work both riding and pushing. The top section on the otherside was rideable if you take it easy.

crispo
    Free Member

Got out and did Garburn and Sadgill today!

Bit of snow on garburn, especially the troutbeck side of it. Rode over to longseddle too and the bridleway was a right mess, the works on it have left it in really bad shape at the moment!

All in all though got in a cracking 32km and the snow didn’t seem to slow me down that much!

Couple of pics.

newsfromthefront
    Free Member

Rode Longslddale, Gatesgarth & Nan Bield from Kentmere today.
    Gatesgarth descent and Nan Bield climb are packed with frozen drifted snow and very hard work!!!

Longsleddale is a like a first world war battlefield thanks to the national park ‘fixing’ it, which has completely ruined what was once a good rocky descent by filling it in with clay based soil. Given the weather, this has turned into 6-8″ of soul destroying deep claggy gloop 😥

Wonder which bridleway they’ll pick to ruin next??? Can’t believe they still have money to waste on stupid schemes like this…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kentmere conditions’ is closed to new replies.