Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kentmere and Sadgill ride on the new Turner 5 spot – Piccies
  • Vortexracing

Rather mixed day yesterday with Tom and Jo. Started just as we parked up at the Watermill pub and Jo found that she had a pair of shoes but they were both left feet 😥

Never mind off to Wheelbase and the guys in there sorted us out, and loaned us a pair of flatties so Jo could at least ride in trainers.

The weather was mixed to put it mildly,
    From hot sun

to pouring rain all in thespace of 10 minutes

the views are as always superb and dramatic

BW over the top from Stavely head Fell to Longsleddale was surprisingly nice, not as boggy as we expected.

Obligatary 'being used' new bike shot

Dropped down to Sadgill and who should turn up from Gatesgarth path, but Matt and Benji from STW Towers, doing a Gatesgarth, Nan Bield route.

Cheers for the Haribo's gents. How was the rest of your day?

Then the climb up from Sadgill to Kentmere

I managed to clear it to the bed polished bed rock after a few attempts. first time ever 🙂 the 5 spot definitely has less front end lift than the Ventana.

Tom on his various attempts on the same climb. The 4×4's certainly make this different every time we ride this route.

another new bike shot at the top of the climb

Jo went back to Staveley via the road whilst Tom and Myself climbed up through the farm at Kentmere and dropped through the 2 stream/river crossings and then back to Wilfs for some hot Choccie.

The 5 spot is more 'pert' on the descents compared to the Ventana but still held it's line remarkably well, It is very composed. I'm liking it a lot, seems less of an effort to ride on flat stuff than the Ventana, but the jury is still out on whether or not it can descend as well.

After Wilfs it was a short blast to the Watermill pub for a well deserved pint, pie and chips, followed by sticky toffee pudding and custard 🙄

more photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17059060@N00/sets/72157624706306707/

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Looks awesome. 😀

clareymorris

Hi guys – looks like an ace day. We were around Newby Bridge area and hardly saw a soul……………….great to be in those quiet parts of the lakes on a bank holiday!!

The weather wa interesting – jacket on, off, gilet on, off jacket on – oh sod it jersey only!!!!!

jo_h
    Free Member

Dave, I think I'm gonna have to vet your photos of me in future – first you post me looking like terminator in tockholes, then pushing on an easy bit of trail cause I was too lazy to get back on the bike after the bog!

Cracking ride though and great food…lakes/peaks next weekend (with a complete pair of shoes)?

Vortexracing

Sorry,

TBH I think you did well to ride anything with those trainers and slippy flats.

and besides it was to show the rain in the background

are you and tom coming round to sort those brakes?

jo_h
    Free Member

Yeah if that's still ok. Tom'll give you a call in a bit. I'm just about to take some photos of the poor neglected crush so it can go to a better home rather than sitting around collecting dust – and clear some space in the garage!

Vortexracing

and clear some space in the garage

for another bike 😆

Vortexracing

What size is the Crush Jo?, I'll ask around at work and see if anybody fancies it.

jo_h
    Free Member

15", but its about the same top tube length with the stem it arrived with as Tom's Stiffee so it should fit a fair range of people. Cheers Dave, much appreciated. You don't get many outdoors types in my function – they all think we're nuts!

Vortexracing

they all think we're nuts!

There probably right 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kentmere and Sadgill ride on the new Turner 5 spot – Piccies’ is closed to new replies.