• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by stox.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kennels in Thirsk, or Cardiff, or somewhere inbetween?
  • franksinatra

Bit of a long shot this. We are camping in Baxby Manor near Thirsk in July. During our stay we need to head down to Cardiff for one night. We are taking the dog camping but she cant stay in the hotel with us for the night in Cardiff. We therefore need to arrange a kennel, either near the campsite, in Cardiff or somewhere on the way. The trouble is, most places in July are not interested in single night or two night bookings and will only take her for a week.

Anyone got any suggestions and, ideally, a reconmendation?

pennine
    Free Member

Try these who are 8 miles up the A1 from Thirsk
    Romanby Kennels
    Viewly Hill Farm, Wooden Hill Lane
    Romanby
    North Yorkshire
    Northallerton
    DL7 8UX
    Phone 01609774201

Edit: just noticed you are camping south of Thirsk!

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’ll ask a friend who has a dog walking/sitting service – just above Pontypool so not too far out.

stox
    Free Member

What breed of dog? Is it friendly ?!

franksinatra

It’s a spaniel, 18 months old. Lovely dog.

Thanks

JackHammer

I ride passed loads of kennels just north of Cardiff around the village of Pentyrch. Cant recommend any of them, but they are definitely there.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I used Romanby kennels (Northallerton) for my two mutts for a random overnight stay in similar circumstances.

Seemed very good, nice people, great set up (old stables?), so the dogs were in a large old stone built loose box. Would be happy to leave them there again. I think you can request that they see other dogs (more open kennels) or not.

vannic96
    Free Member

What dates in July are you talking about?

franksinatra

20 July for one night if Cardiff area or 19/20 July if York way (as will be leaving early to travel on 20th)

vannic96
    Free Member

We live a couple of miles to the west of Thirsk, we could possibly take care of her, if you’re stuck. We’ve had dogs of our own in the past. Let me know if we can help.

franksinatra

Cheer Vannic, that is a kind offer. I managed to get her into a place in Cardiff who were happy to take her for the one night so that has worked out well.

Thanks everyone

SaxonRider

I don’t want to sound like an also-ran, but if we were to have been around at the time, we would have been happy to care for her. Keep me in mind if you’re in a similar situation in the future.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@ Saxon, I wish you lived closer to me!

stox
    Free Member

What breed of dog? Is it friendly ?!

Sorry – probably became across a bit random m/abrupt! I was going to look at possibility of helping you out. It Wouldn’t have worked out on a school night tho so I’m Pleased you got sorted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kennels in Thirsk, or Cardiff, or somewhere inbetween?’ is closed to new replies.