Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Kendal Santa Cruz bike night
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Widen it out to vans in general and I’m all ears.

flossie
    Free Member

im sure the Transit Van conversation was hilarious if it was Guy. The beer tasting was dreadful!

dashed
    Free Member

And they need to upgrade the laptop on which they were running the films too – I know nowt about IT but the frame rate was horribly jerky and stilted. Didn’t experience that at any of the other film screenings at other venues).

BTW – idiots at the front shouting… Ratboy and the 50:01 crew. Hence them being being asked to leave at the interval. Apparently a lot of it was pretty crude and pointed at Aneela, the female co-presenter. I thought she was poor (no research, poor questions to ask guests etc) but I do wonder whether she had just been put off her flow in the first few minutes by all the heckling.

Does anyone know if the Helvellyn film (which stopped halfway through) is online anywhere – enjoyed that and would like to see the rest (can’t even remember what it was called).

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

dashed,
    this one?
    https://vimeo.com/168617172

terrahawk
    Free Member

Apparently a lot of it was pretty crude and pointed at Aneela

nah, I was sat right behind them and none of it was aimed at anyone in particular. It was almost all loud annoying noises and hardly any coherent words.
    Jaegerbombs earlier were the cause, apparently.

panther157
    Free Member

I was really disappointed, it was shambolic and Ed Oxley’s presenting was lazy and ill prepared. Surely he could have taken the time to prepare some decent questions so that we could have actually learned something from the guests. It seems to me that his ego is so big he felt he didn’t need to bother as his pissed up presence was enough!
    As for beer testing on the stage, whose crazy idea was that? Why did they think we’d want to watch that at a bike event – BORING!
    Tom’s film and his interview were highlights he’s a lovely kid with an inspiring character and is a real credit to his dad.
    There were some good films but they were marred by poor sound quality and what looked like it was going to be a great film about Helveyllen was abandoned after some problems with it.
    Lee Craigie’s film was good and I would have really liked the hosts to ask her some decent questions but Ed just seemed fixated on making one sexual innuendo after another. I think Aneela tried her best but was overwhelmed by the heckling and Ed’s interruptions. I was told she had prepared some good questions to ask Lee but wasn’t given the opportunity. There was also a missed opportunity to talk in depth to Lynne Armstrong about Air Maiden and the work she does for women and girls in the sport.
    Danny MacAskill and Martyn Ashton managed to pull things together towards the end of the event but by then quite a number of people had walked out. What a shame Martyn Ashton hadn’t been the presenter all evening, next year maybe?

ahsat

Apparently a lot of it was pretty crude and pointed at Aneela

nah, I was sat right behind them and none of it was aimed at anyone in particular. It was almost all loud annoying noises and hardly any coherent words.
    Jaegerbombs earlier were the cause, apparently.[/quote]It became the talk of the town – I was in Basecamp the following day with friends and several groups were heard talking (people who clearly hadn’t been there) about how people had been thrown out of Bike night and how it was a bit mayhem!

I saw Ed lead it two years ago and it was really good. I am wondering if it has become a victim of its own success (hence being move to a much bigger venue!). I have done several coaching sessions with Ed and found him fully supportive of helping women in the sport (as one myself) so personally had taken a lot of the comments as jokes – though I can see how they might not be taken like that.

To be honest, the people in the crowd who were being annoying, are the same people who we rant about being annoying on the trails! The sport attracts some people like that, though generally folk are great and generally up for a laugh.

rickmeister

That’s a shame Aneela wasn’t able to get her questions in, knowing her from a previous life, she’s pretty diligent in getting things prepped and sorted.

The helvellyn film was pretty good, is there a link to Lee craigie’s too?

richpips
    Free Member

is there a link to Lee craigie’s too?

No not yet, coming soon though.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I have done several coaching sessions with Ed and found him fully supportive of helping women in the sport (as one myself) so personally had taken a lot of the comments as jokes – though I can see how they might not be taken like that.

I also think that some might be too quick and willing to become offended.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Chaotic amateurish presentation, (the beer tasting was a joke!) drunks at the front shouting, idiots making me stand up every ten mins so they could go to the bar/toilet, the horrible smell of hot dog behind me which she eventually spilt on my clothes.

Small world,I was sat next to the woman who spilled the hot dog.Bad as I thought the event was at least we didn’t have to keep standing up every few minutes & the hot dog missed me. 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Kendal Santa Cruz bike night’ is closed to new replies.