Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kendal people need some info!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Seen a property in Burneside just north of Kendal what is the village/primary school like and what is that big factory I can see on google earth.

Ta Rich

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

The big factory is James Croppers paper mill.

I dont have any personal experience of the school so can’t comment on that. The village itself is nice in places but Hall Park is rough.

spandex_bob

Some of the houses in Burneside can be a bit flood-prone. No idea on the school though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

postierich, do you know that you can go onto googlemaps, to the place you want ie Burnside. Then pick up the little yellow man on the left of the page and drop him onto the street you want. Then you can drive around Burnside as if you are in the car.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would be looking at the Environment Agency flood maps 😉

The chippy in Burneside is very good mind!

postierich
    Free Member

Went on the EA site and its on the fringe of flooding!!
    Spotted the Anglers arms not far away
    Dont mind a Paper mill
    Cheers guys

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Went on the EA site and its on the fringe of flooding!!

the “do you believe in climate change” test

Dont mind a Paper mill

they can smell, check the prevailing wind direction

clareymorris

You are only about 5 minutes from Stavely – that would sell it to me!!!!!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

If it is on the fringe I would phone an insurance company for a quote – looked at a house in Ulverston that was just on the edge… from my look at the area it was a safe enough spot, but the insurance company desk top investigation said it was a high flood risk and would be insured accordingly.

I am very much in the climate change camp, I spent long enough studying it, so tend to look very closely at such things!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Oh – and never noticed any smell from Croppers. I pass it quite often in a variety of directions! Given it is to the west of Burneside any smell is likely to head to the fields since most of our wind blows west to east 😉

frogfarmer
    Free Member

hi mate,i live in kendal but work in burneside at the paper mill,you shouldnt get alot of noise/smell from the mill,burneside does get some flooding but only very near the river,but you wouldnt want to live there its not too nice only one pub and its a bit crap,theres a little shop n a chippy and thats it!

samcamsdad

I lived in burneside for a year, after growing up in staveley, for 28 years.
    only moved there because staveley is so expensive.
    negatives: pub, strange locals, floods, noisy factory at night.
    positives: good chippy, and think the school is ok, but the headmaster is a mate of my dads, so i would say that.
    wont be moving back in a hurry!

postierich
    Free Member

Burneside not on the list now after our drive around on Saturday!
    Looking @ South Kendal maybe Natland back up again this weekend with a ride around Whinlatter on the SS thrown in!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kendal people need some info!’ is closed to new replies.