Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kendal Nevegal 2.35 or Panaracer Rampage 2.35????
  • dan98
    Free Member

Hi All,

Currently running a pair of Nobby Nics and after some decent mileage the tread is running pretty low on the rear so i have this plan to run a Nobby on the rear and i am looking for something a bit bigger up front but not turn it into riding a tractor! I seem to be riding more and more rocky trails!

The two that seem to stand out are the Kenda Nevegal and Panaracer Rampage 2.35’s……Anyone got any recommendations or indeed another the tyre they would suggest around the £30-35 region.

Thanks in advance

Dan

BadlyWiredDog

Maxxis Ardent, nominally 2.25 but comes up bigger than that.

alexpalacefan

I love my 2.35 Nevs. Super tyre, and not too heavy or draggy.

APF

ampthill

high roller 2.35. Smaller than the ardent 2.25. It just sort of gets on with the job. For me not to tractor like.

seosamh77
    Free Member

2.35 is tractorish, get some 2.0’s on there! 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I hated my Nevegals – too round and felt too sketchy. I really liked my Rampages – rolled well and you could lean on them without fear of feeling sketchy.

Del

rampages
    i run kendas

ftr1873
    Free Member

I swapped out my front Rampage for the new CG All Condition, I reckon it works better on the front. The new Nobby Nic triple compound is supposed to be good it is expensive.

carlos
    Free Member

I’m with AFP and the Nevegals*. I used to run a Rampage on the front and a Cinder on the rear on a previous bike, when I replaced it, it came loaded with 2.35 Nevs f&r, I stuck with them and soon grew to love them. Not too draggy, light’ish, grippy in all but muddy conditions.

TBH you’ll probably not go wrong with either.

Carl

*some people really don’t like the Nevs, but at the end of the day its a personal choice. Lots rave about HR’s but defo not for me

D0NK

Pretty sure the nevs are bigger than the rampages, kenda 2.1=Panaracers 2.35. Despite them being almost identical I’ve been using a rampage for yonks, the nev 2.35 has been sat in my spares box….hmm.

transporter13
    Free Member

none of the above…..get a schwalbe big betty up front….they are brilliant in my experience…roll really well due to the harder compound on the centre tread whilst having good cornering properties due to the softer compound on the edges.

I use a 2.4 orc version….only 26.99 from rutland cycles or 20.99 from tweekes cycles

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/n-114-schwalbe-muddy-mary-and-big-betty-growing.html

richmtb

Well I’ve got a Rampage SC 2.35 on the front and a Nev DTC which I’m running tubless on the back.

Tread pattern and size is almost identical so a 2.35 Kenda will be bigger than a 2.35 Panaracer. Only had the Nev on there for two rides it feels very nice but thats probably due to it being tubeless. Rampage SC’s make for grat front tyres they really have loads of grip

dan98
    Free Member

Thanks all, appreciate the responses…..MMmmmmmmmm!!!

dan98
    Free Member

Went with a Nev 2.35 so we will see!!

Cheers

Northwind

Rampage is a very acccurate Nevegal copy tbh. Don’t fret about it. 2.35 stick-e Nevegal’s still my favourite front for most things, it grips and suchlike and it doesn’t need total commitment to get the best out of it like some tyres.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Get some 2.4 NN.

I’ve run Nevs and Rampage and preferred the latter although I couldn’t get them to tubeless. Prefer NN to both though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kendal Nevegal 2.35 or Panaracer Rampage 2.35????’ is closed to new replies.