Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kenda Tyre Sizing
  • FieldMarshall

Do Kenda tyres come up small, on size or bigger.

Currently running Minion 2.5s which are definitely on the small size, and am wondering whether a Kenda 2.5 will fit the rear of my Five.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2.35 Kenda Blue Groove on the front of my Heckler, and a 2.10 Nevegal at the back..

Both are somewhat bigger than the 2.3 High Rollers I was running…

And yet they roll really, really well..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Kenda come up pretty ginormous. The 2.35 Kendas I had looked more like a maxxis 2.5, but they all seem to have fag paper thing sidewalls, so you either need to ride like a fairy, or pump them up so hard they don’t grip properly.

nedrapier

Is that really the case with the sidewalls?

Had my eye on the SB8s for the SDW, but I’ve recently enjoyed riding with a bit less pressure in my Cinders

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Side by side a 2.35″ Blue Groove or Nevegal is the same size a 2.5″ Minnion. I’ve got comfortable tyre clearance with a 2.35″ Nevegal on the back of my Five, but I reckon a 2.5 would be a really, really tight squeeze.

As for the sidewalls, I ran Maxxis Freeride tubes with the Kenda’s out in the Alps last year and never flatted once. But anything thinner and you’re taking chances.

Nedrapier, Cinders are as thin and flimsy as SB8’s in the sidewall stakes!

nedrapier

I must ride like a fairy then! I’ll carry on.

Nothing alpy on the horizon, and they’re going on a xc bike too. Fairy nuff.

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Tyre Sizing’ is closed to new replies.