Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kenda Tomac Nevegal DTC 2.1 Tyre Sizing
  • etsxteam
    Free Member

I have a pair of 2.1 Maxxis High Rollers which I find just slightly narrow. I am looking to go for Kenda Nevegal DTC's is the Kenda 2.1 any wider than the high rollers thanks

james
    Free Member

Yes loads wider
    A 2.1" Kenda Nevegal is only slightly smaller than a 2.35" High Roller
    I like mine, a good all round tyre. Not overly expensive either, especially when you consider they're dual compound too. Not the best tyre in slop, but you can still get by okay in the worst of it

Northwind

They are, mad as it might seem, 2.1 inches across. Unlike Maxxis, Kenda own a ruler and have trained a man in its use :mrgreen:

The stick-e is IMO worth it on the front, by the way. Slows it down a little but buys you a fair amount of extra grip.

poppa
    Free Member

I run Nevegals but I hear that they are more prone to pinch-flats than High-Rollers. This doensn't surprise me because they are lighter for a given volume (i.e. 2.1" Nevegal approx same size as 2.35" HR but lighter). If you pinch-flat a lot or ride rocks a lot you might not get on with them so well.

etsxteam
    Free Member

Thanks for your help just ordered a pair I am going to run them with stan's no tube sealent so hopefully that will stop the pinch flats !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ghetto Nevs work superbly IMO

Northwind

Yeah, I've heard people say they've got leaky sidewalls but mine have been flawless with sealant. I suspect the sidewalls are the weak spot mind.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They have a high tpi but they just aren't that rubbery. Eventually the sidewalls get chafed or cut and they wont seal. Until then they are good (if a somewhat draggy on tarmac).

hh45
    Free Member

nevegals are one of the best tyres in recent years (I recall the singletrack mega test a few years ago was an early fan). For general XC / trail use it is a true all rounder and not noticeably heavy or draggy. Not as good as a mud tyre in er mud or a semi slick on dry hard pack but a good all year, all rounder. Spain, Lakes, the south in winter, racing (not seriously), natural and man made Wales, all good.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I'm a massive Kenda fan and had no issues for years… people call me evangelical about them…

I've just ripped a Small Block 8 and a Nevegal in 3 months, hopefully it's just a fluke and they'll be fine again… I just really get on with them (SMB8, Nev and BG) and I don't want to wast a fortune finding new favorites 😐

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Tomac Nevegal DTC 2.1 Tyre Sizing’ is closed to new replies.