Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kenda Small Block 8's
  • greenman
    Free Member

Anyone got a 2.1 or 2.3 of the above who can chuck a tape over the width and tell me hoe they measure up to there stated size.

rewski
    Free Member

In this weather? Mine are hanging up in the garage waiting for summer 😉

Basil

Er yes, but not on a wheel right now!
    Off somewhere warm ?

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re pretty accurate if memory serves.

takisawa2

2.1’s…

IMAG2462 by pten2106, on Flickr

On the wifes bike. (Only used in summer or by me for kids rides).
    In this weather they are lethal.
    Ralphs roll just as well & grip twice as well.

crispyrice

How would these perform for commuting on a gravel/tarmac path?

Northwind

2.35 is about 2.3 across, on a fairly skinny traversee rim. Kenda’s ruler is made out of harder rubber than Maxxis and Conti’s ruler 😉

They are good- very fast on hard stuff, not quite as fast as a slick but as close as you get without a continuous edge. ****-all use in mud as you’d expect but they work fairly well on gravel (better than most on loose, fine gravel).

Ralphs aren’t quite as fast especially on solid surfaces, but also, smallblocks last really well, whereas ralphs are pretty much the benchmark of “tyres that wear too fast”.

emac65
    Free Member

Been using one on the SS around Cannock Chase for the last few months,decent enough grip on the trails & fly along on the road.

Agree with the above Ralph comment,but these are so much harder wearing than Ralphs

EDIT – They are not a good front tyre in bad weather,pretty f^cking lethal tbh !

Brother_Will
    Free Member

I rocked some these year round on my commuter, they worked well in hard pack and wet conditions but weren’t much cop in thick mud as you would probably expect.

greenman
    Free Member

This is the start of my project to be ready for Summer, if we get one this year.
    Thanks Takisawa2, now 2.3’s anyone?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Small Block 8's’ is closed to new replies.