Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Kenda Small Block 8 700×32 any deals about?
  • matty456
    Free Member

As above really.

Thanks.

matty456
    Free Member

Thought I’d bump this as it’s raining today! 🙁

benji
    Free Member

Not seen any, have you tried the racing ralphs?

highlandman
    Free Member

Sammy Slick in a 700/35? Better grip than I’d expected but not the toughest sidewalls on the planet.

binners

I just got a set for much cheapness from Biek Discount .de. I’m not sure if they’ve got them in 700c though

They were here in 4 days

matty456
    Free Member

Cheers, not tried the others. I’m after a set of winter tyres that will be good for tarmac (country roads) and singletrack. Bike is a Pompino. Got schwabs cx comp at the moment, lasted really well and cheap too. Looking at the cx pro’s, anyone tried those?

somafunk

i’ve recently bought Clement X’PLOR MSO in a 40mm, they also do a X’PLOR USH in a 35mm for more road/fire road/path riding, 2Pure import them so any shop that stocks crank bros/ibis etc will get them in for you.

Very impressed with mine, i also bought the Strada LGG in a 28mm which i have on at the moment, very fast tyres and built really well.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have some SB8s on my cx – good tyres on and off road but wear quite quick – I would go for the 700 x 35 as the 32s are a bit skinny off the road.

matty456
    Free Member

Found Racing Ralphs 700×33 On One website for £9.99. Are these good as a pair front and rear ? or front for grip and something else for rear?

simon1975

I really liked SB8’s on my Pompino… when they used to be £10 each!

I’ve running CX Pro’s now. Cheap and do the job, slightly less grip on the front when banking over, and nowhere near as confidence-inspiring on tarmac but work fine off-road. Puncture resistance seems marginally better than the Kendas. And they’re lasting very well. But if I could get the Kenda SB8’s for anything like the price of the Schwalbe I’d do that!

simon1975

You might struggle to fit those 33 RR’s in your Pompino unless you have the newer frame with the longer chainstays…

matty456
    Free Member

I’ve got 700×35’s on my Pompino at the moment, just have enough clearance. I might have to try a set of the RR’s out for this money!

tootallpaul

Drop me a line if you are still looking- I have a pair with a couple of weeks riding on them that I’m looking to sell.

Cheers,

Paul

matty456
    Free Member

Hi Paul. I got a pair of racing ralphs in the end, thanks anyway. Matt.

jimmy

Paul – still got those sb8’s?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Small Block 8 700×32 any deals about?’ is closed to new replies.