Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sorry – Kenda Nevegals 2.1 DTC – Any good?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Good all rounder? Some suggest poor for "aggressive" cornering – how would they compare to MK Protection 2.2's for the summer? Any good on rocks as teh knobbles are long? Draggy on tarmac?

Earl
    Free Member

I find them a good all rounder front and back though they are draggy both on tarmac and on trail.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Opps – I'll have a look in previous posts for these then (at least 10 😉 ) 🙂 Sorry!!

Edit: Cheers Earl 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

2.1's not as good as the 2.3's, I use the 2.3's and have been using them constantly for the last 12 months, all weathers, all surfaces with no issues. Never found them draggy either and run them ghetto'd at 25psi front and 30 rear on an orange 5 (nev on rear, blue groove on front).

foxyrider
    Free Member

As per usual I bought something without investigating it properly – £30 for a pair of tyres!!! Sounds like they will be OK – Maybe I'll use it on the rear and a spare MK on the front for the "dry" summer 😉 Will be on my HT BTW 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

The Stick-Es are the most draggy tyres in the history of the world, ever (grippy as hell though). DTC aren't so bad, though I still prefer the Maxxis Advantage over Nevs as all-rounders, similar levels of grip to the DTCs, but roll better (I ran Nev/BG for about three years and switched to Advantages last year). Only problem with the Advantage is the dodgy sidewall. For regular rocky stuff I'd go with something a bit beefier.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh got some Advantages and they are a bit draggy on tarmac but bloomin grippy. Couldn't resist the offer though 🙁

poppa
    Free Member

The Nevs are decent quality all-rounders. Not the fastest or grippiest, but can cope with most riding. If they seem too slow you could always chuck something faster on the back. I use Nevs for almost all my non-summer riding.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Stick-Es are the most draggy tyres in the history of the world

Funny, I thought they were far less draggy than supertacky High Rollers.

I really like the Nevs, DTC or Stick-E, even though they aren't very fashionable they just seem to be about right for most of my riding.

LenHankie

2.1 Nevegal DTC in use all year round on my Orange 5 at 25psi. I think they are just about the perfect tyre.

pedalhead
    Free Member

The Stick-Es are the most draggy tyres in the history of the world

Funny, I thought they were far less draggy than supertacky High Rollers.

I really like the Nevs, DTC or Stick-E, even though they aren't very fashionable they just seem to be about right for most of my riding.

Over in Morzine a couple of years ago, I had a set of 2.3 Stick-E Nevs. On our way back from a ride, cruising down a tarmac road descent, the kind where you can get quite a bit of speed up without pedalling…my mates took off…with those tyres I was *slowing down* unless I kept pedalling. They also put me from the front to the back of my regular night rides at the time. I guess my choice was to MTFU or change tyres…I went for the latter 😉

poppa
    Free Member

I always thought Stick-E front and back was a DH thing only!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I've got 2.35 DTC Nevs on my Orange Five and currently using the 2.1 version on my Anthem X. FWIW, I run 'em tubeless with Stans gunk. I've also tried Advantages, Minions, er…and loads & loads of others (got a bit of a tyre habit y'see).

Keep coming back to the Nevs, 'cos I think they've got a good pretty good balance of lowish rolling resistance, grip and mud clearing. I'm a pretty aggressive 'XC/trail' rider and love ripping berms and carving corners – and haven't had any problems with cornering grip, although the 2.35's are definately more confidence inspiring for real mentalist cornering :-).

zaskar
    Free Member

Earl said it spot on.

Draggy but good all round.

Personally I would still buy season/weather specific tyre but if you're on a budget or ride few times etc then this could be your tyre unless it's very dry.

Northwind

2.1 DTC on the rear is a great option IMO, very grippy, not slow for what it is. But on the front, either a stick-e 2.1 or a DTC 2.35 is better, deals far better with rocks and roots and the like.

I really like the 2.1 stick-e/2.1 DTC combo… Fast enough for local XC, grippy enough for fort william. Kinda 😉 The 2.35 stick-e is a lot slower, it's like a different tyre.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – mostly +ve then – thanks – I'll try them on the weekend 🙂

Northwind

If you're finding problems with running them in a pair, give me a shout, my rear one's getting a little worn so I could make a home for it and i've got stick-e blue grooves in 2.1 and 2.35 which would make a better front tyre so we could probably work something out

(I won't lie, I don't like the blue grooves but The Internetz does so I must be wrong 😉 )

foxyrider
    Free Member

OK ill keep that in mind Windy 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – Kenda Nevegals 2.1 DTC – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.