Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kenda Nevegals?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Do they come up big on size?

And just to confirm….

They are a pretty good all rounder aren’t they?? I just can’t get on with my Minions (2 rides, but that’s enough!!)

_tom_
    Free Member

I found mine rubbish and felt that going to the Minion DHF up front was a considerable upgrade! The nevegal completely washed out on a fast Long Mynd descent and I couldn’t trust it after that.

gothandy

They measure up bigger than Maxxis for sure.

I love mine, used them first in the alps and they gave me loads of confidence there, but I’m now DH hound, more an XC bunny.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ltheisinger
    Free Member

I’m finding them VERY heavy & the rolling speed is well….. 😯 SLOW! I just want a faster rolling, LIGHTER & stronger tyre, that will do it all! Am I asking too much?? 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll give you that the Nevegal is a lot lighter than the Minion which is bloody heavy! For me though I prefer to have the confidence that grippy tyres provide 🙂

Didn’t notice much difference in rolling resistance between the two. My Minion is 60a, not super tacky or anything. If you want something fast rolling, the Continental Race King is great – not really suitable for this weather though as its pretty low in knobbly bits.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

MMMM? Does the grip lack on the Nevegals then? I am having a right dilemma at the moment, almost most to the point of releasing that ‘AGHHHHHHHHHH’ and stamping my feet like a child. I have recently had the following:

Maxxis Minion – they are super tacky, but SO SLOW & HEAVY!

Maxxis Advantage – Fast, light, but got bloody punctures ALL the time!

Hutchinson Toro – Slow, light & not many punctures.

WTB Prowler – just plain BAD!

Tyres seem to be a personal choice….but if I keep trying different ones – it’ll cost me a FORTUNE!

chakaping
    Free Member

Might be able to help, sent you an email.

🙂

cheez0
    Free Member

Mrs Cheeze uses them front n back..

Sticks to most things but a bit of gloopy mud and shes spinning/sliding..

I dont use them, I prefer something a bit more tractor-like.
    I quite like a swamp thing on the front, seems to cope well with all conditions and doesnt seem to wear too bad on the road.

I’m also using schwalbe mountaineer 2s at the moment (F+R). Although a lot o peeps say they lack grip, I find them pretty good as all rounders, cuts through the gloop that has Mrs Cheeze off and walking with her Nevs. Puncture protection and a bit skinnier at 1.8 for a lil less rolling resistance.
    Of course, I’ll probably change my mind if I have a prang

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Nevegals?’ is closed to new replies.