Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Kenda combos – nevegal/nevegal or nevegal/blue groove
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just picked up a cheap ust nevegal from 18bikes £15, being a tart i want matching tyre brands 😳

anyone run a nevegal on the front also or is that a taboo and only blue grooves work?

2.35 blue goove from where (ust)?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep. Tried a Blue Groove on the front but as I prefer a more square profile I swapped back to Nevegals both ends. If you'd asked me a fortnight ago I'd have swore by them but having had 3 offs last week I have to blame something 😉 (to be fair I reckon I was just running a bit too much pressure up front). Wish they still did the full Stick E version though – used to run one up front with a DTC on the back and it was great – I can only find the dual tread versions now.

Vortexracing

I'm with mamadirt

loved my stick e front BG and DTC nevegal rear.

didn't know they had stoped making the stick e ones

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    Rockplough
    Free Member

I can't look past a dtc nevegal/stick-e bg combo.

Mamadirt if you mean the blue groove, stick-e versions are pretty widely available. CRC, Wiggle, and All Terrain Cycles have them at least.

Tracey

Ran both until coming back from the Alps, 2.5 singleply Blue Grove and Nevagal on the Enduro superb grip bt after 10 weeks in the Alps over the last few years they have given up. Run 2.35 Nevagals front and rear on my Wolf Ridge and Chameleon but I think the Blue grove is a better tyre on the front

Tracey

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, must try harder. Just found some here too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Anyone find a 2.35 UST blue groove?

skinnysteel
    Free Member

BG Stick-e front/Nev dtc back on geared HT, pair of Nevs on s/s. Run the BG 5psi softer. On balance I think I prefer the pair of Nevs.
    Pretty academic til next year as unless there is a major turnaround in the weather the Mud X's will be back on before the month is out!

Vortexracing

My swampthings are already pumped up and ready to go on.

bloody country!

taka
    Free Member

rolfharris ygm

tom

racing_ralph
    Free Member

STickE Nevegal 2.35 on the front (non UST) how will it do on a Stans Flow rim? will i need a rim strip?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Got Nevegal/Nevegal here 2.35. Work great, but they weight nearly 1kg each!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just bought a stickE 2.35 nevegal for 20 quid 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

You'll like that I'm sure.

I have Nevegal DTC 2.1 rear and stick-E 2.35 front at the moment and can't fault it for the riding I do.

What compound is the UST btw?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

dtc i think

taka
    Free Member

fkr 2 rolf harris's!!! wrong one

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Anyone know if on a flow rim i will be able to use the 2.35 StickE Nevegal (NONE UST) without a rim strip with out burping?

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

At the risk of being severely corrected by someone who knows better, I think it depends really. If you're heavy and ride hard (if you know what I mean?) then there's a danger of burping – although I think it's more likely at lower pressures. However, if you're a reasonable weight, etc, then you could be absolutely fine. I had no problem with normal BG and Nevegal combo on Stans rims, running them very low pressures, but then I am very light, I did ride several long black runs in Spain with them though, so they were quite tested! I've also got a mate who's a fair bit heavier than me running the 2.35 (non USTs) on Flows rims and hasn't had any burping problems. I rekcon it's probably worth a try… I hope that helps at least a little?

Northwind

I've tried various sizes of Nevegal and Blue Groove but I settled on a pair of nevegals, the blue groove front might have a little more grip but I always found it tended to tramline a bit, a front nevegal seems more inclined to go over stuff.

The Excavator looks kind of cool, a lot of the user reviews are basically saying it's a better, faster Nevegal. Sold!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Kenda combos – nevegal/nevegal or nevegal/blue groove’ is closed to new replies.