Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kenda Blue Groove /Nevegal Tyre combination.
  • sufferer
    Free Member

Hi lads,
    not been on here for a while so the new look was a surprise!

Right, down to business.
    I need a new pair of tyres for my 04 Marin Mount Vision.
    I

m thinking of giving the Blue Groove/Nevegal DTC combination a try, in 2.1 size.

I`ve read a review on MTBR, however, that says you should use a 2.35 Blue Groove upfront with a 2.1 Nevegal on the back as (despite both being 2.1s) they are different volume tyres.

Can anyone shed any more light on this?
    Anyone use 2.1s front and rear and, if so, how do you rate these tyres?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I use Nevegals (Stick-E front, DTC rear) in the 2.35 flavour. Great tyres.

jarl
    Free Member

2.1 tomac edition nevegal front. Perfect tyre for aggressive XC IMHO. Not quite enough volume for AM riding. Get the DTC, even if purely used on dirt, the stick-E will wear down the middle far quicker than the sides.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I found them nice and grippy but a bit draggy on tarmac.

I’ve got a 2.35 blue groove folder for sale if your interested. not too much use….

warton
    Free Member

got the nevegal 2.35 version front and back, great tyre
    they are draggy on tarmac, but since I got my road bike I’m of the opinion that any mountain bike on tarmac is just wrong.

votchy
    Free Member

2.35 Blue Groove front and 2.35 Nevegal rear running ghetto, no size difference I can see and they roll well on tarmac with 30/32 psi, not found this draggy idea myself, grip well in most conditions

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

2.35 BG front and 2.35 Nevegal rear for me. and 2.1 Blue Grooves f+r on my other bike.

Really highly rate them, and when I have had to ride them on concrete they seemed to roll fine.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

F: 2.1 “Tomac” Nevegal
    R: 2.1 “Dual compound” Nevegal

Ghetto tubeless at 30psi

They are light-ish and grippy for techy XC, but a bit slow-rolling when the going is good. If you run tubes, pump them up a bit more because the sidewalls are weak and you’ll get plenty of pinches (why I went tubeless).

ash77
    Free Member

I have 2.1 bl groove front, nevegal 2.1 rear. they look the same volume to me and perfectly matched in terms of size etc.
    Great tyres, very grippy.

fizzer
    Free Member

2.1 blue groove front 2.1 nevegal rear both ust seem fine so far

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Blue Groove /Nevegal Tyre combination.’ is closed to new replies.