Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Kelvin MacKenzie
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Kelvin should go back to the 80’s his opinions and ‘stories’ are of no relevance today. He’s clinging on like a sad, lonely dinosaur, with his only attention coming from his deliberately inflammatory column. It would of hurt him more if everybody had just ignored it.
    Sad attention seeking.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Is it a racist piece – probably not, at least not overtly to the average punter.

Is it in massively poor taste, bullying and vile – yes

Is McKenzie a weapons grade **** puffin – absolutely.

and more to the point, he’s hated inside and outside of Fleet Street, and he walked into a trap here. Lots of people have been waiting for an opportunity to take him down and here it is…

croen
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqQxlbNpUg[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

he did not walk into a trap he created a trap for himself jumped headfirst into it whilst screaming abuse at a city he has serious history with close to the anniversary of the event for which he has been rightly vilified by said city

The trap was entirely created by his own hatred, bigotry and **** wittery

ulysse
    Free Member

He’s an intelligent guy, but this is the danger of existence in a bubble of a closed ideology echo chamber that is Murdoch’s NewsGroup.
    No serious challenge to his behaviour over the years, just back slapping and reinforcement from colleagues taking the Murdoch coin, reliant on these attitudes for income

ninfan
    Free Member

I was going to say has anything found anything in his body of work that makes him commendable so far?

I could say much the same about Polly Toynbee, can we ban her as well?

ulysse
    Free Member

Again Ninfan, closed ideology echo chamber

frankconway

Murdoch hasn’t handed down his judgement – yet.
    He is the only person – other than McKenzie – who will decide what happens next.
    Does KM know anything of Murdoch’s past business dealings which may have been hidden for 30 or more years?
    As for the article – ignorant, insulting, deliberately targetted.
    Interesting point about the sun being printed on merseyside and the weakness of print unions.

aracer
    Free Member

Given a limited definition of intelligence yes – clearly he’s highly intelligent in some ways, though it appears not in others. Like most intelligent people in a way, but it’s worth pointing out in this case as the usual counter to him being described as stupid (as in the video posted above) is that nobody stupid gets to be the editor of a national newspaper.

binners

Maybe not. But It is a role that tends to attract the very worst human beings on the planet…

Rebecca Brooks
    Piers Morgan
    Kelvin McKenzie
    Andy Coulson

All fully paid up, morality-free ****s of the highest order

CountZero

Maybe not. But It is a role that tends to attract the very worst human beings on the planet…

Rebecca Brooks
    Piers Morgan
    Kelvin McKenzie
    Andy Coulson

All fully paid up, morality-free ****s of the highest order
    Now there is a statement against which it is impossible to argue.
    I wouldn’t piss on any of them if their brains were on fire; I’d be running for the can of petrol!

LeeW

I wouldn’t piss on any of them if their brains were on fire; I’d be running for the can of petrol!

Happily stop people pissing on them if they were on fire.

Still can’t fathom how it got past the editor in to print. How he still carries weight around the media I do not know.

jonnyboi

He’s a big mate of Rupert Murdoch

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep and to ninfans point (words in mouth really) not talking about banning just sack him and remove his platform. Anyone can troll online it’s the publication that gives him a platform for his hate.
    Him, Katie Hopkins and Morgan would have a lot less readers/listeners if all they were doing were shouting in the park. The problem is they serve somebody’s agenda so they are employed. Time to move up the food chain.

mrhoppy

You all got my hope up, thought he was on the roof. 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

MacKenzie will take the full blame for all of this but someone at the Sun offices allowed this to go to print. Yet what’s happened there? Are you telling me the Sun didn’t know about the timing and the anniversary of Hillsborough? Of course news can happen on any day but you’d think after all that’s happened the “story” would not appear at this time. I watched Sky Sports programme on Sunday morning called the Sunday Supplement and the head of Sun’s sports press was on there and god how awkward it was seeing him squirm and not give an answer. Another journalist on there said it exactly as it was, said the article was offensive, very poorly timed and he even said the Sun knew about the Hillsborough anniversary and it showed the papers total lack of respect.
    At the end of the day Mackenzie is a vile obnoxious weapon of the highest order and I’m sure he’s on a mission to stab a knife in the back of Liverpool and Merseyside in some kind of revenge for how he feels he’s been treated after the outcome of the enquiry. He knew exactly what he wrote, he knew it was an attempt at being racist and he doesn’t care a single jot about who or what he offends. Don’t be naive and think he didn’t.

binners

As someone who once worked in publishing, I can say for certain that the idea that anything, particularly something as contentious as that, could go to print without full editorial approval is absolutely ludicrous! That’ll have had the nod from the top. The lawyers will have been over it to see if it could result in legal action.

The Sun editorial team knew exactly what they were doing. They were not only publishing an incredibly offensive article about an individual, they were also using it as an opportunity to have a dig at the people of Liverpool

Just have a think about that for a minute. On the anniversary of the deaths of 96 people, they decide to give the knife another twist, and cause further upset to the grieving families they so shamefully slandered.

There really aren’t the words to describe these people. They are sub-human and totally beneath contempt

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A conclusion possibly
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39854061

The BBC’s media editor Amol Rajan said: “Now we know he will not be asked to contribute to the paper again”.
    A spokesman for The Sun said Mr Mackenzie “remained suspended” but would not comment on his departure.
    According to the Financial Times, the terms of Mr Mackenzie’s exit are being negotiated.

I guess it does become harder to sack somebody when others were complicit in the entire thing, perhaps a payout is worth removing his platform, I can’t imagine many wanting to touch him.

maccruiskeen

I can’t imagine many wanting to touch him.

I think disgraced former Murdock employees will always have a chair and microphone ready and waiting for them at TalkSport 🙂

CountZero

perhaps a payout is worth removing his platform, I can’t imagine many wanting to touch him.

Now he’s been given enough rope, and got it neatly tied round his neck, it’s the best time to remove the platform, preferably by kicking it away.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Kelvin MacKenzie’ is closed to new replies.