Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Keith29er
  • curto80
    Free Member

I know there’s a good few of you on here who knew Keith either in person or “virtually” through this forum. Including one or two of you who went to see him in hospital (and I hope you read this because that meant so much to him).

I thought those who knew him would want to know that Keith passed away this morning (aged 35) after a mammoth and courageous battle with blood cancer.

Bregante

How awful. Can’t say I remember the name but condolences to you, his friends and his family.

SaxonRider

I’m with Bregante here. I can’t recall his name, but deepest condolences to you, and whomever he left behind.

Eternal memory.

cinnamon_girl

29erKeith from Hampshire who used to update with his progress? So sorry to hear this, that’s rubbish. Thoughts to his family and friends.

bearnecessities

I remember him and his updates – for some reason I thought he was winning the battle, so reading that really was a shock.

Not much to say other than yes, I remember him. Really sad stuff.

danti

Ride in Peace Keith

Thoughts to his friends and family

scaredypants

sad news – thoughts to those who loved him

like bear, I thought he was on the up after a BMT

curto80
    Free Member

He was in initial remission after his bone marrow transplant but the cancer returned even more aggressively. The docs couldn’t do anything more so he was allowed home to spend a few weeks with his wife and 3yr old lad. He was re-admitted to hospital this morning and died shortly afterwards.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s real rotten luck and very sad for his family RIP mr.

vondally
    Free Member

Deep condolences to you, his friends and his family.

chiefgrooveguru

I never knew Keith except through his posts on here and particularly his posts regarding his cancer battle. They make terribly poignant reading now and my heart goes out to his family, especially with my children being a similar age. So sad. 🙁

singletrackmind

35 is far too young.
    Thoughts go out to wife and son , family and friends.
    I probably met him at Newforce or the BBB maybe.
    RIP Keith

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

(aged 35)

****. Condolences to his family and friends. I remember the username, from:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-leukaemia-update

Edit: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-do-you-want-from-life#post-7405221 😥

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bugger, RIP Keith, too many too young…. 😥

ctk
    Free Member

3 year old lad ffs.

curto80
    Free Member

Bongo thanks for sharing those threads. I’d not seen them before. Sort of made me re-live the last 18 months which in a weird way has helped. It’s so hard to accept he’s gone.

Defender
    Free Member

That news just sucks, condolences to his family and friends.
    Nest time I’m out riding I’ll spare a thought for him and the others we’ve lost:(.

bullheart
    Free Member

I visited Keith when he was an in-patient at Southampton General and just starting out on his fight; we talked about many things, from mini’s through to whether he could fit a turbo trainer into his tiny room. He had a real steel about him. A lovely, thoughtful and kind fella, and his son was the light of his life. I hadn’t heard from him in a while, but I’m truly saddened at his passing.

mtbfix

Best wishes to all his family and friends.

chipster

RIP. Condolences to friends and family.
    **** cancer.

jamj1974

Ride on Keith. Condolences to his family and friends.

cchris2lou

very sad .

tang
    Free Member

That’s really sad news.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sad, sad news, RIP Keith.

larryduff

Very sad indeed. I ran with Keith in the 2014 Three Peaks Yacht Race, he was not well at that time but did not know till later that year that it was leukaemia. Very sorry to hear this news, thoughts with his family + friends.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I remember Keith’s posts, his attitude and determination was an inspiration. I’m only happy he got to go home and spend time with his wife and little lad. I’m sure he’ll remember his Dad as a real super hero amongst all the fakes. Getting a bit dusty in here now as well, bloody dry weather!

NZCol

Very sad, and with a young family as well. Very sad indeed. Makes you realise.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear of the this very sad news.

Whilst this message may never get to the family, I do wish them all the very best for their futures.

lowey

Gutted. Always seemed like a top bloke on here.

Thoughts and condolences to his friends and particularly his wife and youngster.

Bastard bastard disease.

hooli

Very sad, that is no age to go. RIP 🙁

curto80
    Free Member

Bullheart thank you for gong to see him. He was so made up about that and didn’t stop talking about it for weeks. It’s things like that which made a huge difference to him as he fought against what ultimately was an incredibly aggressive illness.

Larry – things like the three peaks were what Keith lived for. I remember him going up your way one weekend for a training run and when he got back he was so excited about the race.

Clover

So sorry to hear this, I read his hospital posts and he seemed to be winning.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Keith29er’ is closed to new replies.