Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • keilder
  • onehundredthidiot

Not as much fun as it could/should be. Something wrong with the surface that stops it from flowing.

Don’t often ride trail centres but last Saturday did a loop that included newcatleton and keilder. The second was just not fun, which is all I want from a trail centre.

Mtfu? Or is it a tad disappointing?

fergal
    Free Member

The older Deadwater trails were good value a few years ago, the loop with the boardwalk just doesn’t deliver, the descent is pants.

Used to ride the ultra smooth Lakeside trail with the nipper, he really enjoyed it. I think the newer trails are aimed at novices and are not very challenging. The Newcastleton red trail is actually quite good, if short lived, some great scenery over there, Kielder on the other hand.

Northwind

I’ve not been for ages- lots of closures last year- but there’s bits of deadwater that I love. Top bit is terrible mind but I still rate it.

Garry_Lager

Thought deadwater was quite good – but only done it once, on a cross bike, which gives a different perspective. Guess there was a cashflow issue at the top, the lack of a proper trail off the summit is hard to understand otherwise.

That other trail by the lake (lonesome pine?) is bobbins – even on the crosser. A shame as there’s a lot of trail building gone on there but it’s pedestrian from start to finish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘keilder’ is closed to new replies.