Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Keeping your old bt number when you move to SKY.
  • project
    Free Member

So a freinds husband has transfered over to SKY for internet and phone,and been issued with a new phone number,the wife wants the old number as thats the one everyone rings her on, how does she get it back,Sky want talk to her as she isnt the account holder.

any ideas

nickdavies

Only BT can get the number back for you – and they’ll only do it if you sign a 12 month contract with them. So in effect there’s no way to retrieve it – sky won’t be able to.

sc-xc

I just moved to a new house that was with BT.

I moved to Sky, and they kept me on the same number.

Can your friend’s husband not call up Sky?

bruneep

Apart from my parents & inlaws nobody uses a landline to call people now do they?

deadkenny
    Free Member

You’d have to have requested the number transfer at the time. Not sure it wo be easy or even possible after moving. The number will be deallocated and not yours to move any more.

bruneep – Member 
    Apart from my parents & inlaws nobody uses a landline to call people now do they?

I rarely call people or people call me these days, but when they do and i know they have a landline it really annoys me when they use their mobile or call my mobile when at home (and they know it). Terrible quality, drop outs, background noises turned into weird compressed sounds, having to get them to repeat what they said as couldn’t make it out. Even worse when they use speakerphone. Also calling my mobile and it’s a long call I can feel the heat of the phone against my head and not comfortable doing a long call with cooking brain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Keeping your old bt number when you move to SKY.’ is closed to new replies.