Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Keeping the chain on- front guide help/choices
  • hora
    Free Member

BB mounted, running just the middle ring (32T).

Using a Stinger and mrp1x9 and the chainline is crock.

Recommendations??

rob-jackson
    Free Member

clutch mech and top guide (e13) here and rock solid

tmb467
    Free Member

I was about to post something similar but he’d said 1×9…

Mrp g2 sl / straitline silent or e13 all got good recommendations when I was looking but mrp plastic seems to be affected by different chain lubes and mine ended up falling apart quite quickly

If the chain line is off on the top guide then you might need some additional spacers on the bb to help adjust the line…or reconsider the positioning of the ring if you’re using a double crank

Rickos
    Free Member

This works really well. I have 2 – one on hardtail and one on full sus. With a clutch mech it’s not dropped anything yet. In fact, even with a non-clutch mech it was good too. £20 so should appeal to your cheapskate nature. 😉

http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk/

http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk/shop.html

hora
    Free Member

Bugger. Whats the cheapest 9spd clutch mech?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no such thing

rossp
    Free Member

just checking, are you running a single chainring specific front ring?

Mackem

Try a thick/thin ring.

hora
    Free Member

Its not. Is that wrong? Its a blackspire one.

(Im guessing of course its not ideal)

Rickos
    Free Member

The Raidium works fine with a 9 speed mech and a Blackspire or Middleburn ring in my experience. That was on a Chameleon.

burnie
    Free Member

I was recently in the same boat and narrowed my search down to the e13 LG1+ and the MRP g3 both work well. In the end I went for the MRP because I think it looks nicer and I haven’t been disappointed. However the taco and lower guide are all one piece on the MRP so if you break the taco it is more expensive to replace.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Keeping the chain on- front guide help/choices’ is closed to new replies.