Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Keeping fit is not good…at times!
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Was out for a run on Monday , running down a muddy trail and slipped… Legs went opposite ways and my left foot inverted….heard the snap as i went down!

Had to hobble 500m to nearest road for help. Turns out broken ankle and ruptured ligaments.

Had to get an operation last night to pin it!

So I’m stuck in stepping hill now, hopefully out today. No riding or running or anything much for at least 3 months. Bloody great!

Got myself a new bike too last week which hasn’t turned a wheel….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wheelchair basketball?

jimdubleyou

Sport hurts.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m sticking to knitting and bringing my going to bring forward me ” let myself go date” from 60 to 36!

Big set back for everything. I’m no good at sitting still. Best learn. Quickly.

SaxonRider

Get a chin-up bar for your house, and keep working your upper body. That’ll at least make you feel like you’re doing something.

Or do what perchy says. 😀

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I can’t believe you have given up cycling so easily, surely you should be working on ways to pedal on the damaged ankle crank using crutches. 😉

Get well soon!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Or do what perchy says

This is the worst piece of advice that’s ever been dished out on this forum. Shame on you SR 😀

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips folks. Yes I’ll be doing some upper body stuff to keep me sane at lease. Maybe there’s s chance for SPD Crutches?!

maccruiskeen

I’m sticking to knitting

You’re a braver man than me

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Now there’s an idea….

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’m no good at sitting still. Best learn. Quickly.

Seriously, that’s a good idea. I had a similar injury at a slightly younger age, and took it as an opportunity to learn how to find the positives in anything. I think it’s made me more resilient when things don’t going to plan.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Don’t you think it’s time to find something more suitable to your needs

I hear Saga Magazine gives you a free pen

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I may give those a whirl….

I’ve a guitar upstairs that never got round to learning to play so a good time to do so I think. Annoy the other half and neighbours!

Sandwich

I could take your new bike out so that it doesn’t feel neglected. As a favour mind!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Why run when you`ve just got a new bike ?

eruptron
    Free Member

You are aware that this forum doubts everything without photographic proof?

I must also congratulate you on surviving Stepping hill 😆

Get well soon

onehundredthidiot

Year ago me and my climbing buddy were are the local bouldering wall. As we were leaving we ogled one of the fit one things. Who was traversing the whole overhanging wall. Took a while to notice her left leg was in plaster. She was climbing hard stuff smoother than I ever could.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yeah my bike is available for shake down, just come and give me a shout!

I’m not the best at sitting still, but coping ok, at least the weather is good (there i go, i’ve cursed it!!!) to sit outside.

Yes I was happy to escape the notorius Stepping Hill, but to be fair they were all great staff and done a top job!

Some photos for those who want to see, nothing outrageous, just a bit of swelling…excuse my hanging feet!!

beagle
    Free Member

Was there recently too. Collar bone in four peices after a stack in the peak. Staff great at Stepping Hill.

Good luck with recovery. Think you said you were in Bramhall in the past – me too, shout if you need a bag of grapes and some lucozade!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Beagle – ouch ! Sounds nasty that , always one of those injuries I’ve never fancied and thought with being on the bike it’ll happen one day! However running brings ankles! Great!

Thanks for the offer of company beagle, yes I’m still in bramhall , may take you up on that! Cheers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Keeping fit is not good…at times!’ is closed to new replies.