Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Keeping a caravan on a new development…..
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yeah right. Of course you have the right to do what yo want despite the rules and to intimidate anyone who gets in your way.

donsimon
    Free Member

Rules is rules, no? And if you do it, what’s stopping everyone doing it? A line has to be drawn somewhere.

molgrips
    Free Member

He wasn’t being intimidating, was he?

Our house is freehold and there’s still some clause in the deeds saying you can’t keep a caravan on your own drive. We do.

and may well want to live in a caravan-free environment

Since our road is choked with cars strewn all over the place like the aftermath of a tsunami I’d quite like to live in a car-on-street free environment. However I don’t go around whingeing about it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you are parking a caravan on the development despite knowing that you should not be doing so, you go round and intimidate and an old lady and call her names. A nice neighbour you are.

is this your definition of a good neighbour then?

The old cow who takes it on herself to be the local busybody/witch has been round today and made an issue – although she never even sees it from her house, or the approach to it. Despite stating that she doesn’t have a problem and that no-one has complained, she felt it necessary to enquire with the solicitor acting for our management company (yeah, like she didn’t know already) and he has confirmed that it shouldn’t be there.

She started it even though it does not bother her nor can she see it what sort of neighbour is that?

His is at worst retialiation her response is just spite IMHO.

Remind sme off a woman complaining about a wind genreator that was ruining her view…. it is dused to provide power for Scotlands biggest rubber factory…some people are just moaners.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC TAFKASTR is a big chap

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Went to see the old cow this morning.

Despite initially being calm and politely asking if she had a problem with the caravan, she instantly accused me of going round to be aggressive.

……

I once again asked her what the problem was if it wasn’t bothering anyone including her by her own admission, to which she started moaning about ill health and not needing to deal with issues such as this. Here endeth our meeting with me telling her not to make an issue out of it then and calling her a spiteful old lady.

Now that sounds pretty aggressive and intimidating to me and that is the artists side of the story. I wonder what hers is.

Why the artist thinks he has the right to go and intimidate his neighbours for complaining about something he is doing in clear breach of the deeds is beyond me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Now that sounds pretty aggressive and intimidating to me

Yeah but it happened right at the end of the conversation after he’d been very reasonable. Plus it needn’t be intimidating if it’s stated as a closing comment in a conversation or as a simple fact.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

His whole approach sounds aggressive to me – big man V old lady. Remember we only have his side of it. I bet he was aggressive right from the start – he often is on here.

Remember who is in the wrong here – the deeds say no caravan and the old lady is merely trying to make sure this is kept to – so the artist goes round and intimidates her ending up with calling her names.

She chooses to come round to our house (after she’s been to see a solicitor and before even speaking to us in the first instance) whilst I wasn’t in, so I was repaying the visit.

She’s a spiteful old cow and thus I informed her of the fact.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Did he go and intimidate her? Or, did he go and discuss it with her and upon realising the futility of it got frustrated and made damn sure she’d carry on with her complaint?

I dunno, but I intend on hitting my head against the wall until my neighbour comes round to complain.

Junkyard
    Free Member

big man V old lady

it was a chat TJ not a death match
    he is not so scary that she wont go round first to instigate a conversation. you are taking this situation and turing it into something it is not
    I assume he did not turn up in his wife beater top with a staff on a lead in one hand and a can of special brew in the other screaming
    oooiiii slllllllaaaaaaagggggg whats your **** problem

but you paint it how you like.
    spiteful does seem like an apt description of someone who complains about something that does not affect her and cannot be seen from her house

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I clearly don’t care whether the do-gooders think I’m in the wrong, because there’s no getting away from the fact that I shouldn’t have a caravan there.

My point was to have a moan about a spiteful old witch who for no other reason than her own personal gratification, is being a complete tw*t.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha Junky I was typing out a very similar, albeit better punctuated post 🙂

Based on my understanding of caravan owning stereotypes I refuse to accept the Artist was being aggressive.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Haha Junky I was typing out a very similar, albeit better punctuated post

he who types neatly types last 8)

tbh it just seems to have evolved as an online charachter trait: I really should stop

I did shave my head to grade zero before I went round just for added effect.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you accept you shouldn’t have the caravan there but an old lady who complains is

a spiteful old witch who for no other reason than her own personal gratification, is being a complete tw*t.

😯

No other reason perhpas than expecting people to keep to the rules they have agreed to.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I do hope you didn’t go round mid way through chopping logs or a game of rounders.

My stereotype handbook says these are staple caravanning activities.

C’mon Teej, sometimes rules can be broken or stretched a little. We don’t need loads of little Hitlers running around grassing people up just because of some silly rules.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t agree TSY. The artist knows he is in the wrong and is in breach of the rules he agreed to but slags off the person who will try to make him stick to the rules he has agreed to. Intimidating and shouting at an old lady – nice. Just because she wants him to stick to teh ruloes he agreed to.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

He states all that, but shows frustration as it doesn’t logically impact upon her.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did he shout? Did I miss where he said that?

Intimidating and shouting at an old lady – nice

Hang on – simply because she’s female and old means she should have special considerations?

Sexism AND ageism in the same sentence – good job TJ.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Touché Molly!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Molgrips – how hard of thinking are you? That is neither of those things. 😯 Think about where the power lies.

How can you attempt to defend the artist with his attempts to bully is beyond me. He knows he is in the wrong but attempts to bully the person who wants him to stick to the rules

molgrips
    Free Member

I am deliberately trolling you by accusing you of sexism, but you did feel the need to STRESS that she was an old lady.

You or I have not the first inkling of whether or not he was actually being indimidating, so just bloody leave it and don’t jump to conclusions. We only have one side of the story and will never have the other, so it’s pointless.

You’ve got NO evidence whatsoever he was bullying.

angeldust
    Free Member

This really doesn’t come across as ‘spite’ from the old lady, regardless of what you have told us she said. The rules state that the caravan shouldn’t be parked there. Even if no-one complained, you are clearly in the wrong. A decent person would do the right thing and move it.
    This isn’t a ‘silly rule’ imo. Caravans are disgracful eyesores and part of the reason some of your neighbours have chosen to live there is that they are not allowed to be stored on the development.

molgrips
    Free Member

Caravans are disgracful eyesores

Wtf?

Junkyard
    Free Member

How can you attempt to defend the artist with his attempts to bully is beyond me

FFS TJ on the rare occasions I disagree with you I can see why people get annoyed with you. She moaned at him he went round and moaned back. How you interpret either of these acts as bullying is lost on me. I assume you think getting solicitors involved before speaking to someone is the very act of moderation and the essence of neighbourly spirit.
    Angledust would you complain about a caravan in a dead end that you cant see from your house …just because you dislike them.
    You are clarkson and I claim the right to beat you to a pulp with a carbon neutral implement of my choice

donsimon
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Caravans are disgracful eyesores

Wtf?
    Not exactly works of art either.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard – Its my interpretation from his posts both on this thread and previous. He admits losing his temper and calling her names – do you really think that is all he did? IIRC he is a big bloke. She is an old lady.

Perhpas she wanted to check she was right before making the complaint? I think the artist actions are pretty poor form – he knows it is not allowed yet tries to get away with it and calls the person who trys to stop him names

I’m going back round later Teej to smash her windows, post dog poo through her letterbox and piss on her doorstep.

FFS man I asked her what the problem was, who it was bothering and why she’d gone to the solicitor in a reasonably polite manner. She couldn’t give me an answer, so I called her a spiteful old lady, albeit rather loudly. This was as I was leaving and had been there for all of a minute. Had I stayed she might have seen a bit more vitriol.

Oh, and she’s not on her deathbead, isn’t exactly frail and can give as good as she gets. She’s horrible and always has been as long as she’s lived here.

angeldust
    Free Member

‘Angledust would you complain about a caravan in a dead end that you cant see from your house …just because you dislike them’

If the caravan was on private property and was allowed to be there it would be none of my business.
    If the caravan is in a shared parking area where I live and the deeds clearly state that that is not allowed I suspect I would want it moved. Like I said earlier – what if 2 or 3 others also decide to store caravens there. Good way to make the area look like rundown and untidy. Some people will have chosen to live there (partly) because of the terms in those deeds. These rules are there to aid parking and try and keep the area looking relatively respectable.

Molgrips – you may find it hard to be believe, but plenty of people think caravans are disgraceful eyesores and don’t want to live next to them. Funnily enough, that’s (partly) why so many developments don’t allow them – it helps them sell houses….

stanley

Thought I’d have a read of this as we might get a caravan (probably a camper van though) at some point.

OP,take a step back and think of the whole situation. As you say, you know you shouldn’t have it parked there. And you don’t care if people (do-gooders?!)tell you it shouldn’t be there.

You sound incredibly narrow minded. So some of the neighbours are happy with it; some won’t be. It isn’t fair on those that don’t want it there. People may say they are happy about it to your face, but may well feel that they can’t say anything else to you- surely they too would then face your wrath.

Yes, some people can seem to be nosey old busy-bodies, but these same people can be well liked by others. As was said before, where do you draw the line?

imnotverygood

so I called her a spiteful old lady, albeit rather loudly. This was as I was leaving and had been there for all of a minute. Had I stayed she might have seen a bit more vitriol.

Noe to diary: ‘What is wrong with me. For once I find myself agreeing with TJ 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but you are big and she is old so you are mean – it is not that simple

He admits losing his temper and calling her names – do you really think that is all he did

1. he never said he lost his temper did he?
    2. he called her a spiteful old lady if this is an insult it is rather weak and I think you wont be charged with any offence of intimidation etc
    3. I have no idea if his account is accurate or not and I lack the psychic powers to tell over the internet. Equally you have NO evidence with which to accuse him of lying and doing more
    We are not even discussing the issue now but some interpretation of what you think might have happened
    Apparently being a good neighbour is to complain to solicitora about something that does not affect you at all then get all weak old lady when someone asks you about it [ deny you have a problem – even though you contacted solictors and you think he is a lair 😯 ].
    She has not been neighbourly
    I am out.
    EDIT:

It isn’t fair on those that don’t want it there.

you would be correct if she could actually see it from her house.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard _ I have never said half the things you claim I have. Teh artist on the other hand admits

so I called her a spiteful old lady, albeit rather loudly.

Edit – I am not teh only one who sees it this way

I have a builders truck parked next to my house, right outside my window, the car park in question has transit vans and cherry pickers parked on it, there are far too many cars for the road that people choose to park on the pavement, rather than use the car park, yet this is somehow an abomination?

It’s not the rights and wrongs, it’s the pettyness that boils my piss.

We don’t live in what you would describe as the most desirable location in Derbyshire (although it’s not a dump). I’ve never claimed to be in the right, but it’s just ridiculous given the circumstances.

If it has to go, then it will go – I always had this in mind, but I always knew it would be her that caused a fuss. I’m surprised it took her all of 2 weeks.

I might replace it with a skip just to piss her off.

And you don’t care if people (do-gooders?!)tell you it shouldn’t be there.

That was a reference to people on here stanley, not on my road.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard _ I have never said half the things you claim I have. Teh artist on the other hand admits

the quote is yours I answered it . I have no idea why you said that diversion? unable to answer the numbered points?

so I called her a spiteful old lady, albeit rather loudly.

which you have viewed as intimidation, bullying rather than as him just calling her a spiteful old lady rather loudly but hey whatever I not e you refuse to comment on whether her behaviour was neighbourly.

Edit – I am not teh only one who sees it this way

You must really enjoy being in the majority view for once what is it like…bask in it it wont last 😉

angeldust
    Free Member

‘isn’t fair on those that don’t want it there.’

‘you would be correct if she could actually see it from her house.’

Not strictly true. It could effect parking elsewhere or influence house prices….

Believe me angeldust, it doesn’t and it wouldn’t.

nbt

angeldust – Member

Not strictly true. It could effect parking elsewhere or influence house prices….

Affect, not effect. And yes it, would, I wo’t buy a place that has restrictive covenants like that and limiting your potential purchasing market is only going to have an effect on the price. There’ll be people like me who will never buy it, and people like you who will pay a premium as they think it’s a good thing

yossarian
    Free Member

Leave a baby robin nailed to her door. That should bring incontinence at the very least.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Keeping a caravan on a new development…..’ is closed to new replies.