Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Keeper of the Peak / KoftheP
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Does anyone here use this?

http://www.twitter.com/kofthep

I read it almost daily as I work out there & ride out there a lot but I don’t have twitter so I never really contribute.

I’d like to think that this was what social media was designed for, everyone helping everyone for the greater good but even though they have 713 followers they only seem to have the same few people submitting info. I guess a sizable chunk of the followers live outside the Peak and just use it for reference when they visit so cant really contribute too often and some don’t have twitter but its seems a might small submission group for such a popular area.

Oh and if you’re wondering what it is, STW did a quick interview with them… http://singletrackworld.com/2013/10/keep-it-peaky/

spacey

Yeah I do, like it a lot, although would benefit from more people contributing. Agree, about your social media point, great way to share info and create a community.

dawson

yep, I follow it on Twitter.

I guess a sizable chunk of the followers live outside the Peak and just use it for reference when they visit so cant really contribute too often

+1 – I fall into that group – if I have been for a ride in the Peak then I try to remember to post a message

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’ve updated kotp several times after rides. Think it’s a brilliant idea. Good on him/her (he’s a he by the way)

simon1975

Yes I follow @KoftheP but rarely contribute personally. I live outside the Peak District but have been riding there regularly for 10 years. I already know which tracks/areas to avoid after wet weather, but find updates about closures and trail development interesting. And it’s always good to read about where other people have ridden and what they’ve enjoyed.

I do find that most of the updates relate to the same old “honeypot” sites around Ladybower / Edale / Hayfield which I consider to be all-weather trails anyway. I ought to start sending in updates for the rest of the Peak District and North Derbyshire…

Pook

It seems pretty useful but the comment about it being mainly on the hotspots is true – I guess it would be though really!

Garry_Lager

Any Peak weather prophets got the crystal ball out for sunday? Trailquest in Edale appeals, but not if there’s ice hither and yon.

Pook

Hope it’s dry. First ride in ages

trio25
    Free Member

I have a protected account so can’t contribute as they can’t see my tweets unfortunately.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s the thing, I ride where I know will be rideable in conditions like this. We (the wife) will send an update to KotP. That’s why, right now, reports will seem to mention the popular spots. They’re popular because they are rideable and people who know the area will choose them because of it.

KotP really comes into it’s own during the transition periods. As stuff starts drying out in the spring, or getting soggy, is when it really shines.

I also don’t bother considering Cut Gate until KotP gets a dry report for it.

daveh
    Free Member

I use it, I like it, I contribute where I can and where it makes sense. It’s so bad out there ATM though that I’m really only riding fireroads and the TP trail, I don’t think people want to know about that!

thepodge
    Free Member

There are a few sustainable routes out there but I think a lot of people have some sort of blinkers on and miss them.

I assume you saw it got an STW award

Pook

I think they teamed up with vg to promote the rocky routes over winter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Keeper of the Peak / KoftheP’ is closed to new replies.