Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Keep the 140mm Floats or sell with frame and go 120mm?
  • SandCrab

Hi guys,

I am in the process of swapping the kit from my 2010 Orange 5 over to a Cotic Soul as the job/new baby combo mean i can only justify one bike.

So the question is, do i keep the 140mm Fox Floats (recently Mojo’d) and run the Soul at the upper limit or sell a frame/fork/shock set to fund a 120mm set?
    Or try the Floats and sell them seperately later if i fancy the change?
    Anyone run a Soul at 140mm?

Cheers

Chris

andysredmini
    Free Member
    ndthornton
    Free Member

I found my soda front end light with 130mm floats
    I believe the geometry is the same as the soul
    Now run 120mm – feels perfect

Northwind

I’d spacer them down to 120mm- 32s are just about within their comfort zone at that length.

I had my Soul everywhere from 100mm to 140mm, it had a different character at every setting but did do some jobs better than others. 120mm was probably the best balanced setting but I reckon it was pretty much the bike u-turn was invented for, the 100-130mm u-turn Rev was just perfect. Got my Soda set at 120mm now with Sids, and very happy with that.

sam3000

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t adding a spacer to floats just stop the stanchions moving all the way down and not affect the height of the fork?

khani
    Free Member

No, it reduces the axle to crown by 20mm as well as the travel

zip
    Free Member

I’ll be interested in the Floats if you do decide to sell.

SandCrab

All,

Thanks for the comments, had not even considered using a spacer as I also thought that it only reduced usable travel – I’ll give it a bash.

Zip – if i sell I’ll give you first refusal.

Cheers

Chris

chiefgrooveguru

Ride it at 140mm first, you may like it – I do!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Keep the 140mm Floats or sell with frame and go 120mm?’ is closed to new replies.