Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • keep fit window winder problems
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

this is probably gonna be an absolute chode of a job but …..

this morning i went to wind the window down before reversing out the drive as i do most mornings there was a cracking sound ….. handle turns freely and window doesnt move

once at work i managed to get it to rest on top of the winder and go up/down but its not right as if i go right up into the seals it wont come down again without my hands pulling it down to rest on the winder again

glass broken i expect – i cant imagine its easy to replace any one tried it before ? vehicle in question is a peugeot partner

wwaswas

more likely to be the clip holding the glass to the winder mechanism – normally if toughened glass goes you’re just left with a pile of chippings.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s a window winder?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ok that does make sense – what made me think broken was when you wind it up again it makes that heart sinking crunching like stepping on broken glass 🙁

ill take door card off and look and see but im not holding out much hope for a broken clip

Stoner
    Free Member

glass froze to the seals this morning?

When you un wound it the glass clip tray which is glued to the glass might have come unstuck.

Now when the rubber seals hold the pane up and you unwind the tray it comes away.

Simply take the door skin off and restick the pane with some double sided tape or there might even be a specific product for it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah the glass was frozen to the seals i was aware of that the minute it went crack – it was raining and cold on the way home last night so itd be propper frozen in rather than just a dusting of frost like most of the winter -although didnt take much force to remove said tray.

*tongue in cheek* ill aquire a tub of bakerlock from work – will never happen again…. window might never move again also 😉 – repaired a smashed sink and shower tray in a staff house with bakerlock – looked like new once id painted it white again !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘keep fit window winder problems’ is closed to new replies.