Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Keela Trousers: Scuffers or Roadrunners for MTB?
  • zigzag69
    Free Member

Looking for a pair of waterproofs for the MTB – thinking about Keela due to the price, reviews and the fact they’re Scottish 🙂

Any opinions about just getting the Scuffers, or is it worth going for the bike-specific roadrunners?

Simon

Only ever used Scuffers for walking in and for walking they’re great but they’re not waterproof, only water resistant.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, I’m more looking for windproof and warm for the winter, no expectation that they’ll keep serious rain out.

gallowayboy

Scuffers – good hard wearing trousers, but a bit wide around the cuff for biking – Keela used to make a more tailored multi activity trouser, see if they’re still on the website.
    Edit – just looked and they are the roadrunners – sorry!

tom.nash

The Tweed Valley Bike Patrol have been using the Keela Roadrunner trousers for a year now; they are very hardwearing, a good fit and fit over slim kneepads with no worries. So impressed with the performance for the price. They are not waterproof but I’ve treated mine with Nikwax proofing stuff and the water does bead on them provided it’s not a monsoon. Not tried the Scuffers so can’t comment but, if Keela is good enough for the emergency services and Mountain Rescue Teams it’s probably a sound choice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Keela Trousers: Scuffers or Roadrunners for MTB?’ is closed to new replies.