Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Keela Saxon still the jacket of choice?
  • gnusmas

My so called waterproof jacket is not waterproof at all, despite re-proofing. Looking at jackets and remember the Saxon was the jacket of choice on the forum previously, is this still the case or is there another jacket on the recommendations list i should be looking at.

Thanks

iainc

I have one and really like it – light and very waterproof. I have used it for general outdoor stuff but not on the bike. I have an Endura MT500 for that, which is great, though not really foldable into small backpack and definitely not stowable in jersey, which the Keela is.

hainman
    Free Member

Decathlon’s Forclaz 400
    I’ve had mine since last year and it’s been a honkin winter up here in Scotland and this has kept me bone dry,It’s that good am going to buy another and for only £60 it can’t be beaten

Looks identical to my mates £140 Madison addict

gnusmas

It’s for everyday use so doesn’t need to be able to pack away very small. Last 2 days i have been wetter than an otters pocket!

dukeduvet

After hainman’s comment in a previous jacket thread i bought one of those Decathlon jackets.

The quality is really great and the large fit for me at a slim 6’4 is perfect. Arms have just a wee bit of extra length and the back drops down far enough. Fit is athletic and not too baggy with room for layering underneath. In some coldish weather it did not feel that warm so a good sign for riding if you get my drift.

But we have had a very dry couple of months so not had chance to test waterproof qualities although it does bead really well. Used it for commuting and perfect really but not had chance for a proper wet, full on off road ride to test breath-ability though. Folds down small too due to no mesh liner.

But all told £60 is a bargain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Keela Saxon still the jacket of choice?’ is closed to new replies.