Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • keela
  • novaswift
    Free Member

Anyone used Keela waterproof jackets? Any good ?

sweepy
    Free Member

The ones i’ve seen have been big and heavy, winter maybe.

luke
    Free Member

I’ve got a few bits from Keela, recently bought the cumulus pro, and have used it in some foul weather without any issues, and it is my go to jacket, I have event and goretex jackets but the fit and features such as waterproof zips mean the cumulus wins at the moment.
    If like me you run warm then it can get hot, but it has ventilation zips.
    I’ve also got a few t shirts and a fleece, awaiting pay day and will be ordering a softshell.
    My kit gets used outside with the scouts and also with my local search and rescue team, so it needs to have function over fashion.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, I got them.

Mine is Keela Quantum Softshell Jacket.

They are waterproof. 🙂

novaswift
    Free Member

Thanks. I was thinking of the stashaway pro for using on the bike ???

willard

I know a lot of people that bought the Keela smocks from Dixie’s in SENTA. Without exception they are impressed with them and recommend them to everyone.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd Keela smock over the last 12 years. I’ve no doubt there are more breathable jackets out there but for the cost I can’t complain. 80% of my trails are through fairly dense forestry, things get snagged and ripped on a frequent basis. If I went for a more expensive jacket I’d be greeting but the end of my first outing.

I’m struggling to compare their waterproofness against the rest. If it’s hosing down water inevitably gets in one way or the other. Over all, it keeps me warm and dry when it needs to.

I’ve just had a butchers at their site and sadly, I can’t see the smock I’ve got. The Stashaway Pro looks almost identical other than it having a full length zip.

FTR, I’ve also got a Falkland and Munro jacket for fishing / climbing and they’ve never let me down. IME the big difference in their extreme jackets being they don’t ‘wet out’ when the heavens properly open.

I’m not sure if you’ve read some of their buff re the effectiveness of gore tex when it’s cold and damp outside compared to their offerings…makes for some interesting reading.

novaswift
    Free Member

Thanks folks stashaway pro it is then

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘keela’ is closed to new replies.