Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • KCNC stem opinions. Weenie want want want.
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Looking for opinions or other recommendations for a stiff but weight weenie suitable stem in 70mm flavour, 0-5 deg rise would be best, just can’t seem get my new bike to ride as well as the one that was taken from me!

This is currently the front runner,

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=36

adsh
    Free Member

I like them. My 100m isn’t the stiffest but they are as light as advertised and the quality is excellent. They do state road or XC use though.

Personally I get my KCNC stuff from Ready to Ride cycles which are generally cheaper. My just bought 110mm KCNC wing stem was £59.99.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Thanks. Yeah it’ll be on an XC bike, not expecting mega levels of stiffness (or able to generate the power to flex much) just don’t want something flextastic! Good to hear about the quality.

Just trying to get the thing to handle as good as my old bike, at the minute she’s sloooooow!

onewheelgood

Got a 70mm SC Wing on my Anthem http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P923/product. It’s a beautiful thing, like all the KCNC stuff. Doesn’t flex much – but then I run relatively narrow flats, rather than putting loads of leverage on it with with a 750mm bar.

gee
    Free Member

Not heard to best things about KCNC products… Too light really. Add a few grams for one that won’t snap.

DanW
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with KCNC in my (limited compared to Gee) experience 😀

I have never come a cross a stem snap, even ultra light weight option. Faceplates crack (even on Thomson!) and bolts tend to go before anything else. Choose the bolts wisely and you shouldn’t have issues.

A KCNC Fly Ride stem with Ti bolts will save you a far ol’ bit of cash and get you within 5-10g or so of the Sc Wing. The Fly Ride also has a black face plate as opposed to silver which I personally prefer…

DaveRambo

I have a KCNC SC Wing stem – 80mm on my Ti hardtail. The whole cockpit is KCKC.

Stiffness is fine and every so often I get a slight creak but I’ve not died using it in the past couple of years and if you’re a weight weenie it’s hard to get better value.

br
    Free Member

I’ve this on my 456 with 711 bars.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/STOOCNC/on_one_ultralight_cnc_stem

Light, stiff, cheap – what more do you need?

Weight:
    113g for 60mm (Stem 91g and steel bolts 22g) – so you could get down to 102g if you went Ti bolts.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I bought one for my Jones – it ruined te ride! Quickly swapped back to the much stiffer Thomson.

stumpy01

I’ve got a KCNC Flyride stem on my Stumpjumper FSR with a SC Bone Bar.
    They are both decently light.

I think Bontrager do some reasonably priced, lightweight stems too. I think it’s the Bontrager Race Lite that is about £40 and surprisingly light. A mate of mine has used one of those on his Whyte E-120 without issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘KCNC stem opinions. Weenie want want want.’ is closed to new replies.