Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • KCNC foam grips – anyone used them?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Can remember I used to like the foam grips on my old Clockwork Orange. Was thinking of using on my 29’er singlespeed but a KCNC version.

Anyone using them?

njee20
    Free Member

Quite narrow. I prefer Bontrager XXX Lites or the Posh Bikes nitrile foam jobs.

johnnystorm

Very light but I found them a bit hard and didn’t conform to my hands all that well. I’ve got some silicone grips now which are better all round.

mdb
    Free Member

ESI chunky grips

matt_outandabout

Still trying to work out if I like my ESI’s. Had got used to some proper chunky Specialized grips.

Northwind

I’ve just put ESIs on another bike- Racer’s Edge on 2 of ’em and Chunkys on the rigid. Very impressed tbh, didn’t realise how impressed til I got back on the bike with the Renthal kevlars- the Renthals are really good but the ESIs are just that much nicer in contact, give without squish.

dickydownes
    Free Member

Can you run the ESI’s with bar ends?

njee20
    Free Member

Of course…

charliedontsurf

Yeah ESI will be fine with bar ends, three thicknesses to choose from…

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/esi-grips-racers-edge-silicone-mtb-grips-2240-p.asp

adsh
    Free Member

I’ve got KCNC on one and ESI on another. Both are fine but the racers edge ESI are slightly more comfortable and seem more durable.

robh

ESI extra chunky for me just wish I had them in something other than black.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

ESI’s for me. Won’t use anything else these days.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Had the kcnc ones and binned them after 4 rides and went back to ESI. The kcnc ones were/are harder and the shape was not a good fit/feel for me. my advice for how little the cost try both as everyone’s different 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had ritchey foam grips for the last 3 years and haven’t felt the need to change. Had a few other grips coe allong on complete bikes but they usualy only lasted a few rides before being changed.

dickydownes
    Free Member

Took a punt on the Ritchey ones. Only £8.50 plus Quidco cashback from Wiggle.

aracer
    Free Member

I prefer Bontrager XXX Lites

You like the XXX ones, njee? I’ve gone back to the X-lite ones as I found the XXX-lite just a bit too thin and hard.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘KCNC foam grips – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.