Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kaysersberg – Vosges
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

Off to Kaysersberg for a week camping. Anyone know of any XC trails around that area or how I get my hands on some maps showing the local trails.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Enjoy and get stuck into the wine! I’m just back from Alsace and adore it. I can’t help as I didn’t go MTBing but I did take the road bike and loved it. When I was climbing up from Ribeauville up the Col Haut du Ribeauville, I noticed a few times that there is a large car park on the left hand side where a lot of MTBers park up. There looks like quite a few trails dotted about around there and one that follows the road in places so that’s worth a look.

Sorry I can’t really help but enjoy – Alsace is amazing and I keep saying I’ll move out there, discover the trails and start a bike business of sorts…!

paulpalf
    Free Member

It is many years since I was there, but we used to stay in Kaysersberg on our family holidays. I remember up in Ribeauville there is a campground on the edge of town, and in the forest behind it there was a whole network of signposted singletrack trails, nothing too technical at that time.

Have fun, I love the area, would love to go back.

PAul

DougD

Can’t help with XC as was over there doing a bit of touring. It was brilliant, amazing countryside, picturesque villages and the food and wine was exceptional.

Started in Strasbourg, down the French side of the Rhine through Molsheim, Obernai, Selestat, Kayserberg, Colmar, down to Mulhouse, then back up to Strasbourg via Basel and a few places on the German side of the Rhine

Definitely get stuck into the wine, so much round there it’s ridiculous, also perfectly acceptable to have a small glass of pinot gris for elevenses.

Flammkuchen (or tarte flambee), choucroute alsacienne and loads of snails,

Will be going back for sure.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

There are definitely VTT FFC trails around – I think we got a map from the tourist office. It’s French grading though. Black trails means long and steep rather than technical.

It really is a very nice part of the world, enjoy.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Thanks all – Wine/Wine farme suggestions most welcome too as are the local eating delicacies

vondally
    Free Member

We stayed in freland above Kayserberg about 9 yrs ago we rode the vosages alpine club trails basically footpaths and singletrack for 2 weeks brilliant, just a map and explore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kaysersberg – Vosges’ is closed to new replies.