Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Katy Perry. Would you?
  • johnners
    Free Member

Probably not, depends what else is on at the same time.

allthepies
    Free Member

lol @ boycs pic !

BoardinBob

She genuinely cannot sing live. I can’t even bring myself to link a video. It’s painful

jimdubleyou

I bet she’ll clash with Sleaford Mods.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6jniUE2Dg[/video]

prawny

I’d go and see KP over Sleaford Mods.

But I’d rather go and stand in an empty field than either.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Does anyone ever end up seeing who they went to see at Glastonbury?

ElShalimo

Re: Sleaford Mods – what does the bloke in the white t-shirt actually do?
    Why is he on stage whilst the other guy “sings”?

Drac

I wouldn’t go to Glastonbury so that’s a no.

gobuchul
    Free Member

what does the bloke in the white t-shirt actually do?

Apparently he writes and plays the music.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

jimdubleyou – Member
    I bet she’ll clash with Sleaford Mods.

over access to her private toilet I presume

mountainman

Now living and working in Ireland “NO”
    The big festival here is “Electric Picnic” sold out in 30 mins without even a play list !
    Then talking with folks at work they don’t even know what Glastonbury is or Pilton for that matter .

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The guy from SM does what Bez from Happy Mondays used to do. And a bit more.

jimdubleyou

But I’d rather go and stand in an empty field than either.

Tough call, she’s nicer to look at than him spitting into a mic.

ads678

OMG, that sleaford mods shit has got be probably the biggest load of shit i’ve ever heard.

He looks like Jim Carey in dumb and dumber!!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

OMG, that sleaford mods shit has got be probably the biggest load of shit i’ve ever heard.

He looks like one of dumb and dumber!!

Good, i thought it was just me who thought that

binners

Does anyone ever end up seeing who they went to see at Glastonbury?

Only if totally incapacitated through days of constant Class A’s, and the people you originally wanted to see happen to come on on the stage you’re off your napper in front of

And the Seaford Mods are bloody brilliant live!

stevied
    Free Member

MG, that sleaford mods shit has got be probably the biggest load of shit i’ve ever heard.

x infinity!!! That really is utter shite 😯

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    I wouldn’t go to Glastonbury so that’s a no.

Have you been before Drac?

ads678

I’ve never been to Glastonbury and don’t want to go.

I’ve also never been to Slough and don’t want to go there either.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I loved Glastonbury – my attending ended when they put up the massive wall, you’ve got to be far more committed than I am to buy tickets.

Frankly I’d watch ANYONE at Glastonbury – I’ve seen great acts like The Happy Mondays who were sadly crap that day and crap acts like Robbie Williams and Tony Bennet who were amazing, right place, right time. Robbie got the biggest crowd I’ve ever seen – I think most came to watch a car crash of booing and bottle throwing, but everyone ended up signing along to Angels (instead).

It’s a great event, yeah there used to be a few crustie trust fund kids who thought we should all rise up and over-throw ‘the establishment’ but only after you gave them something for free, a couple of wannabe page 3 “babes” the Sun used to pay to splash around in the mud and give the impression it was some kind of swamp that everyone had to live in and lots of little packs of villains trying to be villainous but there was also a hundred thousand or more normal, nice people there for a laugh and a dance.

I’d love to go again, but at my age I’d like to quietly slip out the gates when the stages close and take off to a nice B&B somewhere for a bath and a nice meal. The all night drug and booze binges are a bit much for me these days.

the-muffin-man

Slightly odd that she’s prepared to accept a non headline slot.

As for Glastonbury – if I could be helicoptered in and stay in a decent hotel at night I’d go. There’s bound to be someone worth seeing.

Pigface
    Free Member

I have a confession, I didn’t like Sleaford Mods either but hearing him interviewed on 6 Music and listening to some of their stuff I have changed my mind. Don’t judge me 😆

Never been to Glastonbury, don’t fancy it, not my thing.

binners

Everyone should do Glastonbury at least once. We’ve had some cracking ones. And the joy of it is ending up seeing random people you’d never ordinarily even contemplate seeing live, and a lot of them turning out to be surprisingly good. As well as people you really look forward too seeing being absolutely bloody awful! P-Jay – I’m also thinking of that absolutely shambolic Happy Mondays headline set. Unbelievably bad!

Would I go again at my age? Not a bloody chance! 😀

choppersquad
    Free Member

I listened to the interview with Jason from Sleaford Mods too, and he sounded like a thoroughly nice bloke.
    They’re a bit different from other stuff but surely that’s the point?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

best thing I ever saw at Glastonbury was two guys in a tiny tent playing acoustic guitar and tapdancing. England Portugal football match was a big memory for some reason,1997 mud year was my first at the age of 16. QOTSA Caribou and Radiohead the last time I went 5 or so years ago

Worst times were basically getting mugged for weed and the alligator in the fire freakout. Still I’d be well up for Katy Perry.

chakaping
    Free Member

I dunno if I’d go to see KP or Sleaford Mods, but I’m glad they both exist.

prawny

They’re a bit different from other stuff but surely that’s the point?

Are they though? I lump them in with Slaves and those other Neo Oi type bands that are ‘the voice of the people’ not this people pal. No way. (In an aggressive generic central belt accent)

I like music, if I want a message or politics I’ll read the news or read about politics. Or listen to music with a message that isn’t shit 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

I saw Sleaford Mods at Glastonbury a couple of years ago – I had never heard of them but I was wandering by the John Peal stage and they were on – I thought they were pretty good as a live act.

Katy Perry – I would certainly give her a chance. I did that with Kanye West (great for the first 30 minutes then tailed off so I left) and Pharell Williams (who was actually one of my personal highlights from the weekend along with Rival Sons).

slowbloke
    Free Member

I’m actually going to Glastonbury for the first time in 20 something years (I’m more of a Beautiful Days person myself) but apart from the Foo Fighters I really can’t see me going near any of the main stages most of the time.

freeagent
    Free Member

As for Glastonbury – if I could be helicoptered in and stay in a decent hotel at night I’d go. There’s bound to be someone worth seeing.

+1 – I could just about suffer it in a tour bus if the helicopter wasn’t available.

shermer75
    Free Member

what does the bloke in the white t-shirt actually do?

He keeps that lager off the floor

jimdubleyou

+1 – I could just about suffer it in a tour bus if the helicopter wasn’t available.[/quote]

They used to do “Locals” day tickets – get the bus to/from Frome (other market towns are available). No muddy camping required.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hang on lads…

For a mere £12,000 you and 3 of your mates could share a nice tent, next door to the festival.

Posh Glastonbury

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sorry, just noticed – that’s “plus VAT”…

john_l
    Free Member

I’ve seen great acts like The Happy Mondays who were sadly crap that day

was that 1990? They were terrible. De la Soul & the Cure, however, were bloody amazing…..I think.

Harry_the_Spider

I did 6 Galstonburys in the 90s. They were all brilliant no matter how good or bad the acts were.

Highlights:

The stampede to escape Simple Minds that resulted in people falling into a piss filled ditch.

Evan Dando doing an impromptu acoustic set from the top of a BBC outside broadcast vehicle to a bunch of bemused/indifferent people enjoying a quiet beer in the sun. The vehicle had some sort of roof rack. Dildo stepped back, tripped over it and fell off. The crowd cheered… then went back to having a quiet beer in the sun.

jabbi
    Free Member

I’ll say yes to the suggested question :mrgreen: (Great pair of….eyes) and a resounding no to the actual question!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

dildo lolz

Harry_the_Spider

dildo lolz

Bloody autocorrect

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Katy Perry. Would you?’ is closed to new replies.