Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Katy Curd Coaching
  • docgeoffyjones

Had a 3 hour coaching session with Katy Curd in the forest of dean yesterday and it was great. She started working on my body position then progressed to drops did some work on pumping and finally jumps. The coaching was really clear and she showed me the progressions so I’m able to continue to practice on my own. I really liked her style of coaching and I was able to follow it even though I thought the heat yesterday might kill me.

This is the first time have had any coaching and it was well worth the money. Also the new FOD skills area is really good.

sideshow
    Free Member

Based partly on this recommendation, I had a coaching session with Katy yesterday and it was great. We worked on jumps (also in the new FOD skills area, which is local to me so I was already familiar with the jumps), and a bit of cornering. Will it make me a better rider? You’ll have to ask again in a year as I’ve got about a year’s worth of trying to undo old habits ahead of me!

What I can say is I’ve had a couple of coaching sessions with others before (including an official BPW one) and I think Katy’s style of communicating was the best yet. Plenty of different exercises to try but not rigidly sticking to some sort of coaching textbook. Bit of video analysis but not overdoing it. And willing to discuss various different theories about how stuff should be done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Katy Curd Coaching’ is closed to new replies.