Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Kate Bush tickets….
  • granny_ring

Anyone get any?
    I couldn’t and gutted for the misses. 🙄

racefaceec90

don’t ask count zero if he got any 😉

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Not a chance. 👿

Oh well another thirty year wait then… 🙁

binners

Mrs Binners tried to get some this morning. Apparently you could get ‘hospitality’ tickets still, at a very reasonable £400 a pop 😯

Has she just got a big tax bill or something?

CountZero

racefaceec90 – Member
    don’t ask count zero if he got any

😀

seadog101

Nope. Completely frozen out, clicked on the checkout button and nothing happened. 👿

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No, a failure for me as well.

Got 2 seats and clicked on a couple more pages before been told that the seats were now sold and I had to go back to the start and re try again.

Repeated this for 20 minutes before giving up and promising myself the tour DVD for Christmas

derekfish
    Free Member

My daughter was going to get me some but fail..

No too sure about these but they seemed cheap

edlong
    Free Member

A friend is phoning around everywhere trying to get them. He’s Running Up That Bill.

Kuco

Same as JohnClimber thought I got a couple but then they were sold 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Nope. Gutted.

😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I gotta state the obvious, but why are you bothering? If it was a famous band like zepplin/purple or heck even oasis, I could understand the clamour for tickets but kate bush? sure she had a few interesting songs but shes hardly iconic, more Blondie than Rolling Stones. I just dont get it.

Pigface
    Free Member

but why are you bothering?

Because people like her? just a wild guess 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Because people like her *AND* she hasn’t toured for over 30 years so lots of people have never had an opportunity to see her.

I am not exactly a fan, but I could see the attraction in going to see her perform.

edlong
    Free Member

I gotta state the obvious, but why are you bothering? If it was a famous band like zepplin/purple or heck even oasis, I could understand the clamour for tickets but kate bush? sure she had a few interesting songs but shes hardly iconic, more Blondie than Rolling Stones. I just dont get it.

Maybe not everybody decides on which music they like based on “famousness”?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I dont choose which bands to see on famousness either, I just dont get the mad clamour in the media to get tickets, some artists I could understand the hype but not kate bush. nah, still dont understand. must be a horses for courses thing. I’m oot.

DezB
    Free Member

ti_pin_man – why do “School Discos” exist, 80s tours with Spandau Ballet, Kim Wilde etc etc.? People like old stuff to make em feel like yoofs again… 😉

edlong
    Free Member

It’s not hard to understand – some people like different music from the music you like. I’m a little surprised that you’ve not encountered this phenomenon before.

ononeorange

Each to their own, Ti pin man.

I got a couple and am ecstatic. They may have had the word “hospitality” in them, but I couldn’t wait another 35 years. Will worry about paying for them later.

CountZero

A friend is phoning around everywhere trying to get them. He’s Running Up That Bill.

Chapeau, boom, tish, etc! 😆

Kuco

If it had been zepplin/oasis I wouldn’t have even bothered trying 😉

CountZero

While I’m understandably pretty chuffed, I’m even more pleased for my friend Abi, who is a huge fan, and, at thirty years of age, is finally getting to see someone who last played live five years before she was born, and is more excited than her two little girls on Christmas morning! 😀
    The other mate who’s coming with me also has a birthday on the day I managed to get tickets for. Which is nice… 🙂

ononeorange

I don’t wish to wish the summer away, but September feels an awfully long time….

Andy_B

I got some, for the last Saturday night of the tour. I had ticketmaster, seetickets and eventim all open on separate tabs and eventually got them on seetickets. The gf was trying on eventim at the same time.

I’m feeling lucky but very annoyed that all tickets are usually on sale on seatwave and the like before the official on sale actually happens. Those sites are just an invitation for crime syndicates to operate. I’d love to hear some suggestions for having them closed down.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Lucky to get some here too. has all 4 agents open and hot gold on Gigsandtours

I do think there has to be a better way than a 15 minute internet bunfight. Some halfway house between a fully blown ticket ballot like the Olympics and the Hit the Refresh button lottery

TM

spudnick
    Free Member

nope none here. there were some sites selling tickets upto £1100 not long after they had sold out. robbing b’stards 👿

johnners
    Free Member

I do think there has to be a better way than a 15 minute internet bunfight

Pre-registration with photo ID (like Glastonbury) would kill off the resale market, which would help a lot. It’d still be a bit of a free-for-all, but at least you’d be competing with other fans rather than a bunch of bots. However, it’d take a wee bit more admin and I’m sure the promoters don’t care who pays as long as the money flies in 6 months ahead of the gig.

edlong
    Free Member

I do think there has to be a better way than a 15 minute internet bunfight. Some halfway house between a fully blown ticket ballot like the Olympics and the Hit the Refresh button lottery

Anything in preference to the way they did the Olympics (from someone who ended up going to the 17th place playoff* in the women’s hockey as the only way of getting the family into the Olympic Park for anything at all).

*I’m not exaggerating for comic effect. I don’t even know why they needed to play for 17th at the Olympics, I assume something to do with world rankings? I digress…

Northwind

twiglet_monster – Member

Yep, it’s often crap tbh. Especially annoying with the tout websites having stock before the public can have them- and not even talking about traditional touts, Ticketmaster blatantly keep some of the allocation aside to tout at inflated prices.

andymac
    Free Member

Sorry, yes did get ticket(s), but only one. I am sure my Mrs doesn’t like KB that much anyway.

the-muffin-man

why do “School Discos” exist, 80s tours with Spandau Ballet, Kim Wilde etc etc.? People like old stuff to make em feel like yoofs again…

Unlike Spandau Ballet etc., she didn’t stop producing decent music in the 80s. IMO her last album was fantastic.

All people remember is her rather screechy 1st album.

Andy_B

When the O2 were selling Kylie tickets last week they had a waiting room arrangement. What happens is you enter the waiting room up to half an hour before the on sale time and then people are randomly proceeded to the sales page so you have an element of chance rather than just being up against the bots.

The other half decenet arrangement I saw recently was that you got access to the Arcade Fire pre-sale if you’d bought the album directly from the bands official site.

I’d prefer to see the law changed in some way.

Watty

Piece of cake – I had a brace of tickets by 09:35, I am however shocked at the price. Ho hum, you only live once.

CountZero

I’m feeling lucky but very annoyed that all tickets are usually on sale on seatwave and the like before the official on sale actually happens. Those sites are just an invitation for crime syndicates to operate. I’d love to hear some suggestions for having them closed down.

Getmein.com makes me seeth, because it’s owned by Ticketmaster, which I think is immoral, and unethical, I’m convinced they hold back choice tickets.
    Not sure how much more KB’s people could do, there was a strict four ticket limit, which could be used for one or more concerts, but the buyer’s name is on each ticket, and ID required at the venue. Allegedly. How this will work out in practice is anyone’s guess, but I’ve been asked to show ID at much smaller gigs when presenting tickets before now, so some try to cut out the scalpers.
    I was bloody lucky to get mine on the pre-sale, the majority seemed to be up in the circle, not all days were available, and I wanted a Friday or Saturday, because Abi has to get down to Chippenham from Stafford, and doesn’t drive, so Friday or Saturday were preferable, and I think I tried six or more days before I found a Friday with seated stalls.
    Then I had to negotiate the problem that it kept trying to give me hospitality tickets, so I was a wreck before I even got into the payment section, which is timed, and I was having to do it all on my bloody phone, ‘cos I’d forgotten my pad.
    Then it kept giving me an incomplete transaction when I tried to pay, because I couldn’t see the second tick-box for Kate’s own T&C’s, all the time the counter was running.
    It finally went through with 0.26 on the clock!
    What a chuffing nightmare that was, it actually took me over twenty minutes in total to get the approved sale screen, normally I manage in five.
    I’m not entirely sure I could actually survive the stress of something like that again, unless it was someone like Joni Mitchell.

ononeorange

What’s a bot?

granny_ring

Well done to those that managed to get some tickets.
    I too had all 4 windows open and kept refreshing having to wait in the queue. Also got as far as paying for some to be then told sold out.
    Much swearing at the laptop etc etc.
    Then heard on the radio that tickets were being sold on for over £1500….
    KB is my other halfs all time fave artist and really wanted her to get to see her.
    Another buyer of her tour dvd ne thinks.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Kate Bush tickets….’ is closed to new replies.