Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Kate Bush – only for Old People?!
  • CountZero

(where you’ve ruined it for other people sticking your camera in the way, no doubt)

Ha! No, because I make sure it’s held in front of me where it doesn’t get into other people’s vision. Not like the idiots I see holding mobiles aloft videoing entire songs, or worse, hold bloody iPads up in the air. My camera’s tiny, not like back when I could walk in with an SLR, and sit on the side of the stage.
    And I don’t use flash, it’s much too intrusive.

DezB
    Free Member

Well there you go. Anyway, my comment was more about the price of the tickets.

MartynS

She did a track with Big Country.

That was good…….

Waderider
    Free Member

Hope she tours more extensively. If she comes to Fort William she can stay at mine 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

She’s doing a lot of dates, she must be really really skint.

roper
    Free Member

I thought it would be only the older people who like Bush. It’s good to see that younger folks are open minded and not so easily influenced by modern culture.

Sandwich

There was a bloke in the queue who’d driven from Harwich to Bristol, just for the gig, and was driving straight back home again.

To be fair it’s only 2:30 each way in the right car at the right time 😈

Pigface
    Free Member

She is brilliant, completely bonkers should be classed as a national treasure.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I remember seeing Wuthering Heights on the telly in 1977

So do I. I remember her writhing around in a Laura Ashley nightie. Kept me going for years.

Talented, sexy and a just a little bit bonkers. What’s not to like?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Each to their own, but im with you IHN.

scotroutes

More shows

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26758964

“Kate decided to add the extra shows in a bid to make sure as many people who wish to see a show can do so,” the official statement continues.

No Kate, if you want to make sure as many people who wish to see a show really can do so then shift your arse out of London!

seosamh77
    Free Member

she’s rotten

noteeth
    Free Member

The extended mix of Running Up That Hill is a record of Balearic aceness.

ononeorange

Been a fan since I saw Wuthering Heights on Top of the Pops. Her albums are brilliant, but really pay listening to, one of the few artists who has really gone her own way. Such an imagination.

Would dearly love tickets but undoubtedly they will be all gone by the time I plough trough the sites.

PS Bunnyhop +1

kjcc25
    Free Member

I’m sure Kate Bush is very good but I saw Goldfrapp last night in Birmingham and she was fantastic. Great band, great sound and career spanning set. A gig well worth going to.

drain

It was The Man With The Child In His Eyes which got me into her (so to speak) a distressingly long time ago, but I grew into liking all her other stuff pretty rapidly.

The gigs (as she acknowledges, it’s not really a ‘tour’, is it?) happen to coincide around my birthday so methinks a self-indulgent treat is called for 🙂

IHN

This is not a go at you nettles but just lately I’m getting weary of chaps on here saying ” oooh have you seen Kylie lately, she’s showing her age”. Arrrggghh. Funnily women do grow old and will not always look like they did when 19. I was lucky enough to stand a few feet away from Kylie last year and she looked utterly amazing, beautiful in fact.

Just for the record, I absolutely have no issue with how Kate Bush looks (I’ve never seen the appeal, but each to their own) or her age, or the fact that she’s ‘touring’ again. The reference to Old People was simply a hilarious homage to another thread about fruitcake.

I do, however, dislike her caterwauling.

globalti
    Free Member

IHN

God, she’s looking rough 😉

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Are you insane?!!! Dream of Sheep is utterly utterly gorgeous. Its sublime. And without doubt the finest song anyone has ever written about losing consciousness as you drown

Have a word with yourself

To be fair it probably doesn’t have too much competition .

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Many moons ago when I was in my late teens I met Kate Bush, she would have been about seventeen then. Her boyfriend at the time was a friend of a friend and we all went out for a drink one evening after work in Kew Bridge.

She was lovely and did actually speak just as you would expect using words like wow as in the song. Happened to be working installing phones at the dance centre in Floral St a couple of months later, saw her again there and had another brief chat.

Knew she was an aspiring singer and dancer (obviously) but that was a couple of years or so before her wuthering heights hit and was somewhat surprised to see her singing on TOTP

Very long time ago as i’m now 55 and think she is about the same age, but even back then you could tell she was different albeit in a nice way and not that surprised she made it.

Bunnyhop

another thread about fruitcake.

Ah now fruitcake, mostly eaten by old people 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

she’s just announced a load more dates! 😀

oops sorry didn’t see the earlier post in my excitement! 😳

davosaurusrex

Quite liked some of her stuff but Alan Partridge ruined it for me really. I can’t help singing along in a Partridge “Kate Bush medley” style whenever one of her songs is on the radio. Sometimes I do the actions too which isn’t really advisable on the A23 during rush hour.

CountZero

kjcc25 – Member
    I’m sure Kate Bush is very good but I saw Goldfrapp last night in Birmingham and she was fantastic. Great band, great sound and career spanning set. A gig well worth going to.

You got that right:
    The divine Ms G

[/url] Goldfrapp, Somerset House, London by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

Yum. Sadly, I really don’t think she’d be the slightest bit interested in me. 😐
    Looking forward to their Colston Hall gig next Tuesday, what a voice!

julianwilson
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Kate is quite simply wonderful, once of the most creative and inspirational artists ever to come out of this country

Just for you Ratty. X.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Opl8t-Wahc[/video]

Productivity of the office workers of STW set to decreased markedly between 09.15 and 10.00 tomorrow I think!

Marin
    Free Member

Saw the Goldfrapp film the other week. The concert was good,the short films at the start were appallingly bad. The Mrs bunked off school to see Kate’s last and only tour. Is now devastated she hasn’t got a ticket for the London dates.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Metro reporting all 22 shows sold in 10 mins – approx 88,000 tickets and about £6m tickets sales!

How did STWers get on?

TM (got some – pure luck!)
    p.s. Saw Goldfrapp as Roskilde a few years back – just awesome!

shermer75
    Free Member

I tried and I failed 🙁

drain

Fail 🙁

julianwilson
    Free Member

We’re in! 😀 😀 😀

First time I have ever done the online ‘sold in 60 seconds’ concert ticket thing: I paid more than we hoped we would for seats rather than cattle class, and it was alarming how quickly everything went: had 2 times where the time it took me to put name, address, email and credit card details (40 seconds tops, I was on fire!) was still too long, and by the time i clicked the final payment button tickets were gone again. I am sure someone better at computers than me can explain how that works -I had it in mind that the 4 minute timer at the bottom of the page held the tickets for your IP until you either paid, or the timer ran out and then they went back up. Also ticketmaster was rubbish: the other three went through that process in the time it took ticketmaster to load up one page. (firefox on newish laptop and fibre broadband)

Anyway, mrs is well chuffed.

plumber
    Free Member

Failed also

edlong
    Free Member

had 2 times where the time it took me to put credit card details (40 seconds tops, I was on fire!) was still too long, and by the time i clicked the final payment button tickets were gone again. I am sure someone better at computers than me can explain how that works

Type your credit number in somewhere else (word, notepad, excel, doesn’t matter where) before you start and copy it into your clipboard (select the text then Ctrl+C ), then it’s just Ctrl+V (to paste) when you get to that field in the purchasing process.

edlong
    Free Member

I had it in mind that the 4 minute timer at the bottom of the page held the tickets for your IP until you either paid, or the timer ran out and then they went back up.

This peeves me on most websites selling things – you put something in your “basket”, then when you go to pay for it someone else has bought it and you can’t. But how could they have? It’s in my basket! Someone needs to invent an e-commerce basket with a lockable lid to stop this kind of thing from happening.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Type your credit number in somewhere else (word, notepad, excel, doesn’t matter where) before you start and copy it into your clipboard (select the text then Ctrl+C ), then it’s just Ctrl+V (to paste) when you get to that field in the purchasing process.

oooh, it’s things like that which i should have but never thought of that make me feel ooooold! Cheers!

sadmadalan

I managed to get a couple for me and my significantly better half. I have a ticketmaster account, so didn’t have to spend ages entering lots of info in. Yet to tell the SBH that we have tickets and that she is coming. The last thing that she booked was the entire Ring cycle (in Berlin) so this should even up of the weirdness scale

P.S. The Ring was stunning – 16 hours of dwarves, Valkeries, gods and goddess with music that was brilliant. Berlin is good as well!

edlong
    Free Member

I know someone who’s desperately and repeatedly phoning to try and get tickets. He’s Running Up That Bill..

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Kate Bush – only for Old People?!’ is closed to new replies.