Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kask Protone with Exposure helmet mount?
  • Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

As title really.

Need a new helmet for a 30 mile per day commute and seeing some good deals around on the Protone.

However, as I’m in Scotland decent lighting is a requirement for the winter so would want to mount an Exposure Link during the winter months which uses the standard Exposure helmet mount.

What I’m trying to work out is whether the central vent hole on the Protone is far enough back that the light won’t be constantly dragging the helmet forward over my eyes.

Has anyone tried mounting a light on this helmet..?

Thanks

thwapy
    Free Member

seeing some good deals around on the Protone.

Would you share where? On the hunt myself. Thanks!!

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Ribble seem pretty good, 18% TdF loyalty discount plus an extra 20% with the code HELMET20 makes it about £125.

Still quite a lot for a plastic hat I’d admit but as I’m wearing it 2 hours a day I can sort of justify it.

Limited colours/sizing…

jblewi
    Free Member

I can find out tomorrow when I’m back at work. Will stick one on in the shop and take some photos.

thwapy
    Free Member

Cheers, current Kask is 6 years old and easily the best fitting most comfy helmet I have worn in the last 20 odd years. Feel it’s time for an upgrade!

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Thanks jblewi, I’d very much appreciate that…

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

And thwapy, you’re welcome….

eskay

thwapy – Member
    Cheers, current Kask is 6 years old and easily the best fitting most comfy helmet I have worn in the last 20 odd years. Feel it’s time for an upgrade!

My son won one recently and he says it is the most comfortable helmet he has worn.

jblewi
    Free Member

Hi,

Have tried it in the shop with a joy stick. Feels fine to me, put helmet on and had a good shake. Felt nice and stable. Can send photos if you want.

Cheers

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Photos would be useful if that’s ok mate, would be good to see the angle it sits at…

Thanks

jblewi
    Free Member

OK have emailed some over, hopefully they are helpful.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Thanks for pointing out the deals with Ribble, I’ve been looking for a new lid since I had a little incident that smashed my previous one so a new Kask Mojito for £70 isn’t to be sniffed at!

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Thanks jblewi, definitely helpful.

As I ride quite a big saddle to bar drop it looks to me like the mounting point on the Protone would be too far forwards so the light would be pointing straight down/up in my riding position.

Really appreciate your efforts; saved me buying the wrong helmet for what I need it for.

Giro Cinder now on order…

chunkychew
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection, barman! Does this mean that the Giro Cinder will easily accommodate an exposure light mount? Also, how is it for tucking a pair of glasses into?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kask Protone with Exposure helmet mount?’ is closed to new replies.