Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kashima-phillic tackifiers !!!!!!!!!
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

…are contained in Fox’s latest fork oil

*****Add punchline here*******

P-Jay
    Free Member

Stop, my ribs are still hurting from the £20 Kashima top cap.

(not to mention the £70 mud guard Mojo are also selling)

cookeaa

IIRC “Kashima” is basically a molybdenum surface finish, supposedly a solid lubricant defused into the surface…

Shirley now requiring a special formula fork oil with extra molybdenum, specifically for Kashima forks (after already flogging them for several years) might suggest they are a bit wear prone and hence not very fit for purpose????

Discuss…

Speshpaul

“might suggest they are a bit wear prone and hence not very fit for purpose????”

I think Fox have already covered this off with their 24 second service intervals.

cookeaa

Well now the Audi squad will be paying for posh oil and…

…A new seal design also reduces friction for smooth travel right off the bat…

you might expect those service intervals to increase also?…
    Non?

Of course bloody not…

hora
    Free Member

I have 2015 Kashima forks and a a Kashima rear shock. I hope I dont suffer the problems that Pike seem to have…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

IIRC “Kashima” is basically a molybdenum surface finish, supposedly a solid lubricant defused into the surface..

yup, moly disulphide (ie. that dirty black grease you can buy) in the pores in the oxide surface. The gold is a dye added at the same time and is not the Kashima itself. Produced for industrial applications originally so you think it’d be pretty hard wearing.

Until Fox got hold of it….

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

my fork is better than your fork

singlesteed
    Free Member

Tbh Kashima coating scratches pretty easily from a wear point of view.
    If little stones flick up which they will, tend to take small chunks out of the stantion coating.

NOT GOOD!

(FOX – go back to the marketing/drawing board)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kashima-phillic tackifiers !!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.