• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kashima coating?
  • heisenberg
    Free Member

Hi guys and glas, does anyone send their fox fork to be kashima coated? Worth it? How much? .. Or better getting a brand new one kashima coated already

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Don’t want to ruin anything for you but the low fiction fox seals made much more difference than kashima coating.
    It looks good but a lot of money and I like you sold my old forks instead of upgrading and bought new forks with kashima coating (fox float 150 RLC) now sold and got the new pikes that are beyond amazing!!!

peasant
    Free Member

Black is the new gold 😀

heisenberg
    Free Member

Just wanted the kashima color really to compliment the matte black carbon frame 😉 .. I need 120mm

matther01
    Free Member

Pikes can be specced to 120…at least the ones on the carbon camber are.

dannybgoode

Mojo will do a service and upgrade to Kashima stanchions for £321 to just over the £400 mark depending on the model.

http://www.mojo.co.uk/kashimaupgrade.html

Then click on the price list graphic…

heisenberg
    Free Member

😯 i probably can get a 2nd hand kashima coated fork at that price ..ebay or here..as seems everybody throwing their 26 forks nowadays

Northwind

I think it made a little difference on my shock- comparing the same tune, same design and seals, but one shock with it and one without. But nothing that I’d get excited about, certainly wouldn’t pay much money for it.

heisenberg
    Free Member

For £300+ just for coating (well and service) .. I think i might have look my luck somewhere else… Ebay, pinkbike, stw sale ads 😕

kimbers

300 quid ! Snake oil prices gone through the roof lately

Goldigger
    Free Member

It makes a load of difference….
    Your bike will be transformed into something you cannot get your head around…only in the looks department.

Even TFtuned said to me it doesn’t make any rideable noticeable difference.
    Only thing I notice is it looks f@cking good, and if you touch it, its always a bit more covered in lube.

chestrockwell

Factor in that you’ll be getting a brand new stantion set so will be able to recoup some of the money selling the old stantions. Might make £100 if they’re in good nick and it’s not as if there won’t be plenty of Fox owners after them.

Saying all that, I’d just sell the forks and buy some already done.

LoCo
    Free Member

It does make a diffence although percentage wise compared to just the low friction seals per/£ it not the best value, if you need to have the stantions (csu unit replaced) worth getting as with a deal (we can arrange this for you, obviously 😉 ) it works out about the same price. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kashima coating?’ is closed to new replies.