Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kashima coat – your experience
  • flow
    Free Member

Basically I was wondering if it live up to your expectations in terms of reduced stiction and added durability?

TheFlyingOx

To be honest, I bought my 36 Floats so everyone else would know I had more money than them.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Best upgrade ever. I couldn’t go back to riding a non-Kashima fork now.

flow
    Free Member

I like your style Ox

Care to expand on that doof?

ruscle
    Free Member

I got enduro seals and use fork juice and their seems to be no difference between that and my mates kashima’s!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No particular maintenance on mine & not a sign of wear. I just wash round the seals then lube with some garlic infused olive oil.

(Keeps the Vampires off.)

nasher
    Free Member

the bushings, kashima coat and stanchions are bolloxed on my 180 36’s

nmdbase
    Free Member

That’s coz Fox are shite 🙂

flow
    Free Member
    boxxer7
    Free Member

My 36 Floats are fine a year on, service them regually anyway theyre super slippy. If Fox were charging extra on top Im not sure I would buy it as an extra…….Devilles are too close in price

doof_doof
    Free Member

Sorry, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. My ’11 Van is leagues better than my old ’08 Float 36, but a lot changed in those 3 years. I saw a worn kashima fork on mtbr, but I always take those stories with a healthy dose of salt.
    Funny how you don’t hear about Canadian riders complaining about stanchion wear, and those forks must get some of the most abuse in pretty horrible conditions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kashima coat – your experience’ is closed to new replies.