Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Karrimor excel dual running shoes
  • mountainman

As title anyone had any experience of these,on sale on sports direct at moment £140 down to £35.00

angeldust
    Free Member

The rrp on those is a joke, purely there to fool you into thinking they are a bargain (they are not) once ‘discounted’. Cheaply designed and made. Do yourself a favour and find some proper Salomon ones (the Karrimors are a sports direct inferior copy of these). If you are not worried about performance, £30 is probably about what these are worth.

soobalias
    Free Member

i certainly wouldnt ignore them based on the brand, quality can very wildly from one product to the next

the event walking boots i have are excellent, some of the technical clothing is very good.

if you can visit a store, you will likely be able to tell quite quickly what the ‘build’ quality is like

while not a label snob, i have to agree with the rather misleading ‘rrp’ sometimes quoted

what do you want/expect from a £35 pair of trainers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As above go and look at them. Sports direct do some very cheap crap at above crap prices. They do also have some reasonable stuff very cheap.

OP – your obviously their dream customer, suckered in by massive discount above rrp, when in reality I bet they were only ever once 1 day at that stupid price.

I never pay more than £40 for trainers and do a reasonable amount of running.

Try some where like sportshoes they have great deals on old season stuff.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Karrimor is now a discount brand. It used to be very good quality “proper” stuff, since it was bought by Sports Direct it used to brand crappy gear.

I would expect the shoes will be worth the £35 they are selling for and the original RRP is complete nonsense.

rickt
    Free Member

as above sports direct own that brand now..

however… I use their hiking shoe on the bike, 20 quid and they last around 6-9 months before the pedals eat the soles.. just like any premium shoe

for running a shoe is more important due to the impact compared to the bike though

takisawa2

As above.
    I have some Karrimor walking boots from about 10/11 years ago, & they are spot on. Chap at a hiking shop in Brum was telling me that Sports Direct had bought them, closed the UK factory & sent it to the cheapest place they could find the Far East. Now, I’ve nothing against the Far East, they know their onions these days, but the Karrimor trainers I bought from S.D fell to bits. Salomon ones I bought, have lasted me 3 yrs now.
    I wouldn’t touch Karrimor with a barge pole.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Fancied a run whilst in the uk but had forgotten my shoes. Got a set of these for £30 and ran 16 miles round Rutland Water yesterday in them, seemed ok – my normal brand is Brooks. Nice and grippy and seemed stable.

RustySpanner

I’ve been using the KSB boots for many years, pre and post Ashley and haven’t noticed ANY drop in quality.
    The Coniston leather boots are similarly bombproof – current pair are 3 years old and are fine.

The rucsacks & packs are rubbish now though.

The running shoes wear very, very quickly.
    Colleague bought a pair and the sole was gone in just over a month.

mountainman

Thanks guys,sort of confirmed my suspicions as to the ownership and original rrp.

I have ordered them if not up to the job i will return,but as i’m in Eire there actually fair priced compared to goods on offer in shops here.
    I have used their walking shoes for work for last couple of years and found them to well up to my needs.

Just fancied a pair of lighter runners..

thanks again guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Karrimor excel dual running shoes’ is closed to new replies.