Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Karrimor Elite Alpiniste eVent Jacket
  • thorlz
    Free Member

I am looking at this jacket,

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-elite-alpiniste-event-jacket-mens-442050?colcode=44205090

Has anyone got one of these jackets that they use for biking, and what is their opinion of it.

Also, how do they size up, I am 5’8 / 10.5st and thinking of a medium or small.

I would go and try one in store, only none of my local stores have any in stock.
    Cheers

martinhutch

I’d order one in and try it on if possible – the quality of Karrimor stuff is not what it used to be. If it’s being sold via Sports Direct, it will just be mass-produced stuff with the Karrimor label stuck on it.

£99 is a lot of wedge for any kind of clothing out of Sports Direct.

thorlz
    Free Member

Martinhutch: I thought the same as you, but looking at online reviews, this “maybe” a descent jacket. Karrimor appear to be trying to make some good higher end kit again (only a few item though, the majority is still cheap for a reason).
    I remember the KSB3 boots I used to have, as did every squaddie at the time. Cost me £90 at the time, which was alot of money for me to spend on a pair of boots then. However I wore them for 5 years before they fianlly retired, money well spent. I was gutted with the replacements, no near near the same quality.

vanilla83
    Free Member

I’ve got one and think its fantastic; it worked wonderfully in the Himalayas and the Borneo rainforest in the middle of the monsoon rain. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

I’ve not used it for cycling though and don’t think I would. Not sure why tho!

I’m 6″2 and roughly same weight as you and I got a medium which is spot on. Its got long arms as well which are properly designed.

I couldn’t find a local shop with it in stock either so bought online. I ordered through SD (I think) but it came from Trek&Field (or the other way around); either way both are the same people but one was free postage and one wasn’t so check before ordering.

Sanny
    Free Member

Got one. Really like it. The cut is alpine so no extended drop at the back for cycling but the hood accommodates a bike helmet and I really like the two large hand pockets and useful chest pocket.

The fabric is top notch and works as you would expect. The only thing that I would change is the elastic for the hood draw cord but that can be done with a wee bit of effort if you feel the need to change it.

Hey, it’s £89 for an Event jacket with a great hood. What’s not to like? 😀

vanilla83
    Free Member

@Sanny – ah yes thats why I wouldn’t ride with it; no long tail. Knew there was a reason.

thorlz
    Free Member

Cheers all,
    I think thats confirmed it for me.
    A small in electric blue it is,(no, sorry I didn’t see you moments colour)

Ta

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Every thing Karrimor i have bought has been shyte

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Karrimor Elite Alpiniste eVent Jacket’ is closed to new replies.