Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Karma in action (Audi A8 crash content)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Just coming home 10 minutes ago along Fabian Way in Swansea when an A8 comes past doing about 70 its a 50mph dual carriageway. There is a Clio dawdling in the outside lane so A8 undertakes but has to break quite quickly due to a car in front.

“Idiot” I say to my self.

A8 is now right up the arse of the car in front that after about 200m pulls over A8 then accelerates (its wet with light rain coming down) and loses the back end, smashed into the kerb round again up the kerb and into a fence and some trees. Bounces back into the carriageway. What a mess. I stop to see if they are ok and it is a young man in a tracksuit, I think a Swansea footballer. Everyone who went past has beeping the horns and laughing.

Maybe if he hadn’t undertaken the Clio I wouldn’t of laughed.

Do feel a bit guilty as it was a very nice car.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Report this to the PLOD rather than here
    That s clearly dangerous driving and they could have taken someone with them

singletrackmind

it is a young man in a tracksuit

That , Right there. Olympic Legacy that is.

IGMC TAXI

Should have bought a quatro .

mrmo
    Free Member

Junkyard +1, if your going to buy a fast car fine, and if you want to take risks on the Nurebergring, fine, but on a normal road….

Pigface
    Free Member

To be fair he lost it doing about 50 😕 it just went round on him and he didn’t have a clue what to do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe if he hadn’t undertaken the Clio I wouldn’t of laughed.

Just watch out for Karma coming after you

JAG

Unskilled driver in a powerful rear wheel drive = accident waiting to happen!

Junkyard +1

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Should have bought a quatro .

I thought all A8’s were quattros?
    ESP fail regardless.

legend
    Free Member

ESP fail regardless.

probably has it off, or in Sport mode or some other bollocks. Either way, if it was a Audi it wasn’t RWD

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just glad Piggie’s ok. I think that jackdaw’s looking out for you fella. 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

The mrs had some sweet 16 programme on mtv earlier, there was two young (very rich) girls who were allowed to drive a merc slr! Wtf!!! Learn to drive in something slow on cheap tyres and you’ll be a lot better off than getting a high powered car two days after you passed ya test!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Learn to drive in something slow on cheap tyres and you’ll be a lot better off than getting a high powered car two days after you passed ya test!!

I’m sure that would be your opinion, if you were handed the keys to a SLR on your 17th birthday…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Of course it wouldn’t Jamie but I was taught to drive as a 13 yr old in a cortina in the grounds of the house we used to live in. I now consider myself a shit hot driver who will own most folk on a go kart track in equally matching karts. Ive had one crash that was entirely my fault, although I still blame the woman who left me in no mans land whilst outbraking me! I am surfmatt and I claim my 50p

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh bugger it was a R8 Audi not a A8, sorry peeps.

glenh
    Free Member

ESP fail regardless.

probably has it off, or in Sport mode or some other bollocks. Either way, if it was a Audi it wasn’t RWD

R8 does have a 4wd system, but it can only put 35% power to the front iirc anyway, so if you boot it in the wet with the esp off, then power oversteer is no doubt the result.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Karma in action (Audi A8 crash content)’ is closed to new replies.