Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Karate Monkey
  • slowjo
    Free Member

I’m idly looking for one to use as a SS project for next winter. Are they considered a bit long in the tooth now or still worth a punt?

Other options are a Simple or a Swift. If the latter, then I’d make the new one geared and SS my old one.

Prefer to keep this project as cheap as possible though and tbh I’m “just looking” right now.

BillOddie

I like mine…

They have just realised an “Ops” version with a 44mm headtube so can easily find suspension forks to fit if you so desire.
    Mine:

placid_casual
    Free Member

Love a Surly, but there are alternatives…
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nPykkG]Stooge Cycles[/url] by placid casual, on Flickr

slowjo
    Free Member

Nice.

Rigid is good. I have a HT but run my Swift rigid and it is still my ‘go to’ bike.

Can you get a 2.4 in the back?

Stooge…. a bit slack IMO….especially as Suffolk isn’t overwhelmed with hills! Oh yes, and it would need to be an XL too.

BillOddie

I have a 2.4 Conti x-king in the back of my monkey…

flashes
    Free Member

KM. I love mine. I run it fixed or SS. It’s in the staionary cupboard awaiting a quick spin round Ashton Court later but did Gravel Dash on it last weekend, it’s a good all rounder….

acsevens

I’ve just got a Simple and really enjoying it. Very different ride to the Kona Unit I had before. Its an XL and I’m in Suffolk, you’re very welcome to have a go if you’d like.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I think they’re still relevant. I have one and it still works, even though they released an updated version! The geometry is still the same on the new one. Plenty of room out back too. I’ve seen people just about getting Knards in there……not much room left, but the wheel will still go round!

slowjo
    Free Member

Hi Adam

We talked abut your unit didn’t we? I may take you up on your offer some time! Thanks.

acsevens

we did! sold it fairly shortly afterwards to soemone else from the forum. drop me an email if you do fancy trying the Simple, I’ll probably be riding thetford at somepoint soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Karate Monkey’ is closed to new replies.