Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Kanye @ Glastonbury =
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Thing is though, if Freddie tried it in practice and it didn’t work, he wouldn’t do it in front of an audience.

yes, but if you watch it you will see it is more of a shared sing along that Kanye professing to owning the track – there’s only a portion of the track, he only ‘sings’ a few of the line and lets the crowd sing the rest, and hints of Freddie’s voice are mixed in at points.

See here at 1:30:10, lasts until 1:31:40 – a whole minute and a half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02tkpw9/glastonbury-2015-kanye-west#group=b007r6vx

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

and soil & pimp sessions

I caught that on TV, I think it was the worst thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

well there you go – they are freakin awesome live in a club – although you need hearing protection…

johnners
    Free Member

I think Kanye’s a bona fide genius, and nearly went to the Pyramid for the Sat night closer but I was lured away by Clinton and P-F. It was a good call – I’ve just watched some of Kanye’s set on iPlayer, it looked like bad karaoke.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

ken west lost his way when his mother passed away after a complication with cosmetic surgery. She was his manager and pretty much kept his ego in check I guess.

jairaj

I went to see Kanye and was left feeling bored, deflated and a little angry at the “greatest rock star” comment. The first song was amazing, loads of energy the lighting was novel and great to look at and the song was a knock back for his haters. Then it sort of just fizzled out, lacking in any conviction or direction. Kinda like he was making it up as he went along. The crane was a great idea and lifted me (no pun intended) briefly. I wanted to leave half way through but had too much hope that something spectacular was just around the corner but it never came.

I really loved his first two albums and then stopped listening to him after the third album. So I’m not familiar with the more resent songs but love the older stuff he did. I really wanted him to do well but, for me the performance was average at best. The crowd around me seemed to like it though, mostly made up of a young crowd (late teens to early 20’s), being on the turn of 30 I felt a bit old. They were singing along, smiling and dancing most of the way through the gig. Although I didn’t feel there was as much energy or excitement from the audience as some of other acts I watched (Catfish and the Bottlemen, Slaves, Lionel Richie, Chemical Brothers).

johndoh
    Free Member

As above – I left after about 40 minutes, as were quite a few others – there was a steady stream leaving as I did. He started amazingly but went really downhill with the auto-tune stuff – really dreadful. I’m 47 and thought I’d give it a go although it’s not my kind of thing really. Interestingly, neither is Pharell Williams but I went to see him (my 6 yr old at home asked me to so I could film ‘Happy’) and I thought he was pretty amazing – one of my stand-outs for the weekend, along with Rival Sons, Slaves, Frank Turner and F+TM

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Kanye @ Glastonbury =’ is closed to new replies.