Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kamikaze pigeon has damaged my car – Repair advice please
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Mighty Vectra took a direct hit from a suicidal pigeon today that left a huge smear of grease, guts and pigeon poo down the side of the car and in the door handle (eugh). So I borrowed some gloves from stores and armed with a bucket of soapy water I went to clear up the mess much like Harvey Keitel did in Pulp Fiction.

However, now that it has dried, I have noticed that the strike mark has left a 6” long dull skuff in the paintwork not to mention a small beak shaped dint. Will polish disguise this?

Forgive my ignorance in such matters. I have owned a car for 19 years and I have never done any more advanced cleaning than pointing a hose at it every month or so and the annual “Vaccing of the Crumbs” ceremony which takes place after a motoring holiday or Ginsters frenzy.

kimbers

you are worse than the flanders pidgeon murderer

one day General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett VC DSO KCB

will sit in judgement over you

Edric64
    Free Member

Whats car polish?

Drac

I hope your going to sue the pigeons family.

Oh and Harvey Keitel didn't clean the car, he had coffee.

T-Cut and Polish will help.

hora
    Free Member

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/349

Dont go near T-Cut, evil stuff. Its too abrasive.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clean the affected area thoroughly, then try some scratch X (megaurs?) or Autoglym paintwork renovator and work at it gently, then follow with a coat of wax and it should be ok.

Harry_the_Spider

You are right.

These two cleaned it up.

The pigeon ended up like a feather duster dipped in a gooseberry fruit corner. I think the fecker must have burst on impact.

Will try paintwork renovator and wax.

Drac

Yup the explode some what when hit, they make a horrible mess when hit by a Sprinter doing a ton that smacks them on the arse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sue it !

hora
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    sue it !

Careful. The family of the deceased pigeon may counter-claim for loss of income etc.

We have a forum claim-expert somewhere….

mcobie
    Free Member

😆 at Hora; sits back and awaits arrival of said forum member 😆

hora
    Free Member

** 24hour Pigeon claim line **

Injured in the coup?
    Twisted beak in a monument net?

We can help and offer a completely free and friendly service where we, stitch up the organisations future budgets or innocent hardworking families on your behalf.

Just dial Coo- 0800 0800 800 and squack at the beep…

bruneep

I'll see your pigeon and raise you a deer.

Gh0stRider
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kamikaze pigeon has damaged my car – Repair advice please’ is closed to new replies.