Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kafo polio calipers
  • jim25

My dad has had polio for many years,using nhs provided kafo leg caliper which in my opinion could be better made.
    I’d like to try and get him a caliper privately made, but I am having no luck with the companies I have currently contacted (none have replied to any of my messages)
    Is there anyone here that has any knowledge of this subject? He lives in Devon, so would ideally need someone down there to make it for him.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry mate but dont know much about the subject as far as what joints need isolating/locking. Kite surfing buddies with shagged knees ended up buying from ebay rather than the UK/

jim25

Ok no problem, I’ll,keep searching!

breninbeener

Im not sure whats required, but motocross racers wear kneebraces.

I feel fairly sure there must be a polio sufferers support/resource group?

Maybe the ski type knee braces may be of interest….

wanmankylung
    Free Member

KAFO – Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis. My first port of call would be the orthotics department that originally provided your dad’s brace. They will probably have a list of people who can make orthotics, or you may be surprised that they will make a different spec one which fits his needs more closely.

njee20
    Free Member

No idea why I know this, but Otto Bock are meant to be the gold standard in prosthetics and orthotics.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kafo polio calipers’ is closed to new replies.