Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kaffenback rear mudguard clearance
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

Hi all, I’ve just built up my Kaffenback with part a mixture of bit. I’m running a deore dual pull front mech but there is very little room fit my mudguards. Looking at swapping to a Tiagra bottom pull front mech as these appear to be a better fit. Anyone got one and know whether this will work.

Other option is a set of SKS raceblades but this will cost twice as much as the mech!

trb
    Free Member

Dunno, but I’m running a 6 yr old 105 bottom pull front mech on mine and the mudguard clearance is fine, which may or may not be of use to you!

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Cheers trb, I’m going off google images at the moment so any advice is welcome. Could really do with mudguards as well at the moment!

maccruiskeen

If you’ve got a useful LBS its worth wheeling the bike in on a quiet afternoon. I had tyre/mech mangling issues with a frame of mine and if theres a box of assorted mechs to play about with you can offer different ones up to the frame and see how they clear. Better than looking at pictures on the web and guessing at how they’ll fit

I ended up using an e-type mech, and a bolt on adaptor. The mech is then able to slide up and down on the clamp (to a degree) so in effect you can position the mech at the height you need then have a bit of room to move the clamp up or down relative to it. The adaptor I used was also lower profile than the clamp on most of the regular mechs

tony_m
    Free Member

I’m using Vavert Fixed Mudguards with a 105 bottom-pull mech, and it’s fine. I’ll probably be doing a bit of fettling after lunch so I’ll grab a photo then!

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Really busy at the moment, and not close to an LBS! Got some SKS mudguards off another bike but with the deore dual pull there is about 2mm clearance to the tyre! A pic would be great Tony, think the bottom pull mech is much further out towards the chainring than the dual from what I can see.

Thanks for the comments so far!

tony_m
    Free Member

OK, hope you can see these! 🙂

This is with the chain on the outer ring (48/34 compact double)…

And on the inner…

And yes, I suppose I should really have cleaned the mech and mudguard first… 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kaffenback rear mudguard clearance’ is closed to new replies.