Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Just your average rider out for an average ride.
  • colournoise

Sort of…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDRdRQc9oQ[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I could ride that.

About ten per cent of it, anyway!

matt_outandabout

I could ride that bike.

Mr_Akrigg, that is impressive… And it inspires me to ride my bike…

RoterStern
    Free Member

I hate him! He makes it all look so easy! 😯 😉

km79
    Free Member

That’s how it looks in my head when I ride.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Great vid with great moves and a decent tune and yet, when did you last see a Mongoose on the trails?

milky1980
    Free Member

Like 😀

Good to see a video with loads of little mistakes*, slipping off rocks, pedal strikes, chainring grinding etc. Makes it so much more watchable and actually more impressive than a perfect line would.

* relatively for his talent level, If I rode even one bit as good as that it would be a miracle that I’d be shouting from the rooftops 😛

martinhutch

I recognised about ten seconds of that as being on a descent I actually ride. Badly.

riklegge

Amazing video. I’ve often wondered about the mongoose sponsorship, I’ve never tried one of their bikes, nothing against them but it just doesn’t cross my mind as a brand to consider.

bigblackshed

He put his foot down. If he was any good he wouldn’t have had to dab.

😯

😉

rob2
    Free Member

Is that simonside?

Simon

Dunno what the first location is but from 3mins it’s Ilkley Moor and from 4.39 to the end it looks like the beck in the bottom of Shipley Glen.

Makes me want to get out for a ride 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Another lovely video. I agree that his stuff makes me want to get out and ride – badly – while Danny Mcaskill just makes me admire him.

Also wondered about the Mongoose link. They rarely get reviewed and i don’t know anyone who rides one.

And what tyres for wet mossy rocks?

mcnultycop

He is good at riding bikes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Great Vid!

No I don’t think Mongoose is on the top of anyone’s list at the moment, but then Santa Cruz was a fringe little outfit not many had heard of once, YT didn’t exist in U.K. Minds until very recently etc etc – many roads to widespread success – sticking a great Pro on one of your bikes and getting them to publicise it is a proven path.

My mate had a Teocali in 2006/7 ish – it was a strange bike in many ways, It weighed a tonne but even then 140mm travel was short for an All-Mountain bike and you couldn’t use it all anyway – unless you had 50% sag or more you’d never get to the bottom of it and you the geo was bolt upright, not compared to today, but even for the day it was steep but it actually handled really well and was good fun to ride.

yunki
    Free Member

Standard

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I love his videos, most of them are like extremely good versions of what most of us ride each weekend with a few trials like bits thrown in, rather than just the stunts that others do. Obviously they are also great to watch, but don’t inspire me to ride as much as his does.

fergal
    Free Member

Thinking the first bit is Cookrise

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Now I have to ride 6 miles home from the pub in freezing conditions and try not to want to try to copy that style. 🙂

martinhutch

Dunno what the first location is but from 3mins it’s Ilkley Moor and from 4.39 to the end it looks like the beck in the bottom of Shipley Glen.

Bit of everything – path between Crookrise and Embsay reservoir, Skipton Moor Shipley Glen, Rocky Valley Ilkley…

ulysse
    Free Member

[quote]riklegge – Member
    Amazing video. I’ve often wondered about the mongoose sponsorship, I’ve never tried one of their bikes, nothing against them but it just doesn’t cross my mind as a brand to consider.[/quote]

I had a love affair with Teocali full bouncers around 2010 and they were good do anything bikes, my nephew rode the hard tail Tyax and it certainly put some miles under its wheels from Canal sides, bridalways to trail centres

Spin
    Free Member

Thinking the first bit is Cookrise

It is.

Sandwich

That was great, the sound mix was just right with enough riding noise retained and not overpowered by the music.

hora
    Free Member

Great video but I mourn the trail DVDs that were on sale from years ago. What happened? Yep great seeing trials etc but what’s happened to EARTHED typed DVDs or Canadian trails set to rock/metal music?

jamj1974

That is great!

whitestone
    Free Member

The bit on the open moor hopping between rocks starting at about 1:30 is the crags opposite Widdop reservoir, i.e. the opposite side to the BW over Gorple Gate – you can see the reservoir in the background on some of the shots.

The bit in and around the pine trees is behind White Wells on Ilkley Moor.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It looks like he must’ve read last week’s jumps and drops thread.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This is the segment that I did’t recognise

whitestone
    Free Member

That’s Widdop reservoir in the valley this is the rough location where the shot was taken

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It made me smile a lot, thanks. Also wince. Gah. Getting older.

Poopscoop

How many bones has he broken to get that good? !

I don’t really like riding vids if I’m honest but that was really a damned good watch.

Lovely countryside too. Not some barren Arizona location. Nothing against the U.S. it’s just that I can relate to beautiful British countryside more.

You gotta love biking!

colournoise

Poopscoop – Member
    How many bones has he broken to get that good? !

Quite a few. Don’t Google ‘Chris Akrigg not if but when’ if you’re at all squeamish…

Hasn’t he just recovered from another injury/operation?

Poopscoop

Goes without saying…… Had to Google that.

Ouch. Bl**dy ouch!

whitestone
    Free Member

His accident on Earl Crag (the one in Not If but When) featured on Countryfile. Mind you falling the full height of an E9 is pretty newsworthy

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSMqAR2_EBk[/video]

fergal
    Free Member

Such a legend….proper rockstar that 🙂

SaxonRider

That has just become my absolute favourite riding video. 8)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Just your average rider out for an average ride.’ is closed to new replies.