Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Just wondering what kind of new build plans are going on…
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

in the wonderful wacky world of stw.
    Some lovely bits turned up today at 8:30 then my 29er ti frame at 9am to find frame has a longer head tube than stated on site.
    I now wish my battery on the camera worked to show you lovely ladies/lads.

Just waiting on a set of Bos forks which I can confirm Devilles at least are amazeballs by like a million miles over the competition.

Anyway back on topic, I have in my possession carbon cranks with ceramic BB, green CK, Thomson ti, a Thunderburt and a Ralph to mix it up a bit.
    I’m building a 29er SS or at least that is what’s planned, none of this 1×11 nonsense.

Only thing now is to get brakes, post, saddle, pedals, half link chain and a set of wheels.

So what have people got going for themselves in the pipeline?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m waiting on delivery of a 2016 Transition Scout, in neon green. It’s not due until late August, so I am spending the intervening time trying to work out if pairing a purple anodised Chromag cockpit with a neon green frame would be awesome or terrible. I’m leaning towards awesome.

🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A CX bike, however I suspect that like most years I’ll procrastinate over whether to get fit for racing then buy one at the start of the season, or buy one now and then get fit, until the season starts and it’s too late.

Can’t decide between a custom build or just getting something off the shelf.

Might justify it by having a big clearout and using the money from that.

But before all that the boat’s going in the shed for a few weeks of fairing and polishing 8)

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

With a hint of yellow I reckon it would look ace like the Joker :mrgreen:

matt_outandabout

Nah, we got built and ridden last week. 8)

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I shall mostly be putting my Singular Swift back to singlespeed.

Cheers, Steve

scruff
    Free Member

Big Dummy, what are the 2016 scout colour options?

kimbers

im building up a DH hardtail!

but its all s/h, and en excuse to use some of my obsolete 26inch bits, ive got a Kona Cowan DJ frame from ebay for 24quid, some bomber z150s, that i need to get a new axle for, i needed a new headset, was gonna get an angleset to slacken it out a bit more and lower BB/steepen ST, as its designed around 100mm forks but the on-one one’s werent long enough for my headtube

just need a rear mech and probably some better brakes than my 16 year old hope minis!

BigDummy
    Free Member

scruff – neon green with black decals or black with neon green decals apparently. I’ve only got the dealer’s word for it – no pictures yet.

🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Not a new build but a revamp of my Mk1 Soul. Recently taken delivery of a set of Reba’s, an Easton carbon bar, Thomson stem and an XT front wheel. Need to make final decision on 1×11, then brakes and rear wheel. And rummage down the sofa to try and get the money for a respray as well.

qwerty
    Free Member

To go against the grain, I’m currently building a bike to climb local road hills, short and steep. Purely from the parts box, I’m trying to make it light, but it’s looking like a retro build! Gary Fisher Paragon 26″ MTB frame, Morati Ti fork, Hugi 240 rear, tiny Hope front, mix mash of other stuff to get it rideable, looks like 34 single front with 9 SPD 11/32 rear. Hugi was rebuilt about 10yr ago and not used since but isn’t freewheeling properly yet, too much drag causing chain slack.

ahwiles
    Free Member

(when i can find the money)

i’ll be buying the brakes to finish my Arkrose.

i’ve never been so fashionable.

_tom_
    Free Member

Trying to find a nice but cheapish 2nd hand frame for a do it all mid travel fs 26″ bike. Not having much luck so far.

nant
    Free Member

bought components for a 29/27.5 fs bike. Yet to decide on a frame. so much choice out there. max 140mm.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Found a very pretty NOS 2010 Spesh SX on the bay a couple of weeks ago; obtained some uturn Lyriks from puffnuts OTP this week which will be fitted with the charge damper at some point – scratches an itch I’ve got to try out other 4x/slopestyle bikes to see how they compare as all-rounders to the Banshee Rampant I’ve got…

Edit: @ _tom_ interested in a Banshee Rampant? :mrgreen: I’ve actually got 2 of them (1 for me & 1 for MissisRob) – 1 will be the donor for all the other bits for the SX

psycorp
    Free Member

My 456 Evo Carbon frame turned up this morning. It’s going to be a light build with Mary bars, rigid carbon forks and 1×10. I’m not a great fan of road/cx bikes so it’s going to be my winter bridleway XC type bike.

Never had a carbon frame before so looking forward to building it up.

bigblackshed

I’m waiting on the new Stooge frames. I need details to stop procrastinating. C’mon Stooge. 😥

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Psycorp, – yeah your in the same catagory as me then.
    If it’s anything like my Dirty Harry frame was, which it’ll probably be nicer then you’ll rate it highly no doubt. vgvfm frames!

what colour did you get, please tell me naked finish? :mrgreen:

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

This weekend I shall mostly be building up my shiny new lynskey 29er. Sid forks, rf carbon cranks, formula r1 brakes, haven stem/bars Thomson elite post, sdg bel air ti saddle, XT 1×10 (I couldn’t afford an extra letter) wtb i25 on hope pro 2 with mk 2.4/2.2

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

or number 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Roooster! Been up down and all around waiting for it but super excited now. I’ve got some Thomson bits and bobs and an RSP dropper should I feel the need, a pair of old Groovy bars, a pair of Duallys and Chronicles. I had bought some 10spd XT stuff but I’m now perusing M8000 and going for a double up front. After all the waiting for the frame it looks like I’ll end up waiting for a pair of Novatec hubs coming from Oz.

Gotama
    Free Member

Well my Mason Definition frame has been made but the Italian painters are on holiday for August so it’s going to be a wait for that. Also considering building up some dually rims onto hope hubs to give this whole 650b+ fad a try in my 2Souls QH but it seems the WTB tyres are all sold out so that’s on hold too. All in all, muchos disappointing.

singlespeedstu

Waiting for my new frame and wheels to arrive for my B+ hardtail.
    Already have a new fork and other bits waiting to go.
    Should all be here next week.

Gotama
    Free Member

Stu – have you gone specific b+ on the frame then rather than fudging one of your 29ers?

drovercycles
    Free Member

neon green with black decals or black with neon green decals apparently

Indeed. They look great too.

everyone
    Free Member

I picked up an old Kinesis crosslight for a bargain and I should be getting some tubs next week (another bargain, spotted the theme yet?) so I’m pretty excited for cx season!

psycorp
    Free Member

@hopeychondriact

Lol, nope, I had the black/orange in the end. I like a bit of orange.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Like the sound of the DH hardtail. I’m building up a 26″ hardtail for the new pumptrack near me. Ragley Piglet 2 with some 650b Sektors that I’m going to reduce to 120mm if possible. Using lots of OE stuff from
    My Norco, looking forward to it. haven’t had a hardtail in 10 years .

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

It’s sodding wet here like most places no doubt today and I wanna get funky with a BB30 or errrrr perhaps not.

I’ll get my mechanic to deal with that lol

singlespeedstu

Gotama.
    It’s a 29er that’s B+ compatible.
    Plan on using B+ and 29 wheels depending how I feel/where i’m going.

saxabar
    Free Member

@Tom, I’m guessing you might have a queue of people emailing you, but if you’re interested in a medium Intense Slopestyle 6.6 I’ll do a very good deal!

jonestown
    Free Member

I’m waiting on the new Stooge frames. I need details to stop procrastinating. C’mon Stooge.

Landing in 6 days 🙂

scotroutes

Just took delivery of a XT8000 groupset from Evans (thanks Tesco). Still pondering B+ rims and tyres. Frame should appear in a couple of months…

garage-dweller

For a change I am not building or rebuilding I am about to buy my first complete bike for a decade when I finally make my chuffing mind up…. 😀

robob
    Free Member

I’m also rebuilding my mk1 Soul; taking some bits off my Superlight (Tom!?) and adding 2×10, wide bars, a dropper and some wider rims. Hopefully get somewhere with it this weekend…

simonjj
    Free Member

Hardtail build will be underway soon, frame, forks and a few other parts have arrived, frame is Kingdom Vendetta 2, forks are DVO diamond. Will post more when everything is here.

rOcKeTdOg

It’s a 29er that’s B+ compatible.
    Plan on using B+ and 29 wheels depending how I feel/where i’m going.

+1
    Currently testing various options

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can I play ?
    I don’t have a “new build” going on but I have just fitted this to my CX’er..

yossarian
    Free Member

Have recently taken delivery of a Canyon Grand Canyon CF SL 7.9. Very pleased with the bike, surprisingly comfortable and seems very manoeuvrable despite the clown wheels. However one new bike is not enough and I have some long range plans formulating on an Evil Following. Probably be next summer before it arrives but once these ‘thoughts’ start they cannot be stopped.

colournoise

Not an MTB as such, but definitely has MTB heritage. Waiting for last couple of bits to be delivered before finishing and shake down ride.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Just wondering what kind of new build plans are going on…’ is closed to new replies.