Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just when I thought I understood all these MTB genres…
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

…Marin confuse me. From their website…

What they call their “trail” bikes:

The Attack Trail is designed and built for more classic all-mountain riding, with 150-160mm travel full-suspension

What they call their “enduro” bikes:

…it’s all for the thrill of the downhill…140mm of fixed travel… Design features include a build that’s significantly lighter than our Attack Trail bikes, achieved with a simplified suspension system, fixed-travel 32mm chassis forks, and lighter components…where riders need the geometry of a trail bike but the weight and efficiency of a cross-country (XC) bike

So trail is all-mountain now, but enduro is for those for whom downhill is more important, yet lighter and less travel than their trail bikes and hence more “XC”??!! Someone needs to sack their entire marketing department.

ddmonkey

I think they are using the old meaning of Enduro here, more like Marathon XC, rather than the new meaning.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I think they are using the old meaning of Enduro here

That’s what I thought at first, but comments like “it’s all for the thrill of the downhill” suggest the marketing department don’t quite know which type of enduro they’re talking about 🙄

robj20
    Free Member

Its just a mountain bike, some have more suspension some less some are lighter than others. I dont get involved in the different bikes for different things.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

It’s all about compromise, FWIW I ride everything on a mega but if I did race it would be a wagon wheel with 130-140mm maybe less, don’t get hung up on it

robj20
    Free Member

Its all marketing making us all believe we need different bikes for different things. I do absolutely everything on my SC Nomad even the Manchester to Blackpool and commuting to work.

rocketman
    Free Member

Trail = off road
    Enduro = mountain biking

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

But what size wheels do they have?!?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

for a do it all UK (proper mountains) handle everything bike then 150/160 sounds great. To race (gravity) Enduro seriously would probably result in a slight drop in travel or weight and move to win or nothing approach. If I wanted to go and have fun it would be somewhere in the middle.

Kahurangi

Marketing team in Full Of Sh*t socker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just when I thought I understood all these MTB genres…’ is closed to new replies.