Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Just what do you have to do to lose a peerage?
  • richcc
    Free Member

Was watching the respective (note not respectable!) CEOs and Chairmen from RBS and HBOS ‘apologising’ for being reckless/imcompetent/a bit crap on the news this evening. Was struck that two were Sirs and one was a Lord. Do you think they’ve bggered up their organisations and the rest of the country enough for us to ask for their titles back? I know that Archer still has his so the standards for retaining it are pretty low… I’m only wondering, as if we took the peerages back then they could be sold on and some of the proceeds go back into the country’s coffers!

hora
    Free Member

Lord Ahmed has been honest and is facing a jail term for causing death by dangerous driving.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

look, we’re REALLY REALLY sorry but it wasn’t REALLY our fault, it was the voices in my head what made me do it

a real judge would cut of their heads and defecate down their wind pipes for testimony like that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I dunno, you’d have thought that cash for legislation might have been the final straw, wouldn’t you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If the tory cvnt Archer hasn’t lost his then I guess they’re unloseable (that’s probably not a word…but you know what I mean). When the tory cvnt Thatcher is dead, can her “Lady” beremoved posthumously, firstly for being a tory cvnt, secondly for marrying Dennis Thatcher and foisting those two waste-of-a-skins on the rest of the world.

sometimerider
    Free Member

I think that currently, you have to die. Other than that the government is supposed to be looking at new legislation to remove peerages after a criminal conviction. Probably won’t be back-dated though so we’re still stuck with this lot!

andym
    Free Member

I dunno, you’d have thought that cash for legislation might have been the final straw, wouldn’t you?

It probably will be.

conkerman
    Free Member

Bumming a Marmoset in Buckingham palace gardens.

(ex) Lord Conks

stayonthebike
    Free Member

Meanwhile back in the real world the general public, be they savers or borrowers are getting shafted at every opportunity,and continue paying the price for the actions of these men , still as long as the rich of this once and proud nation of industrialists are ok, what the hell for the man in the street !!!

Feel like taking my money out of the banks and stashing it under the bed – for all the good its doing invested,
    Makes my blood boil when you see HSBOS / RBS bosses getting away with it (not to mention the guy in America late last year who got his wrists slapped for a couple of hours and then retreated to one of his many multimillion dollar homes)

.Sir Fred said he did not receive a bonus last year and that he put every previous bonus into shares in the bank, losing £5 million as a result. But his final salary pension pot is safe, while many people with pensions invested in shares of banks have seen their retirement funds devastated,

I am working for the same salary that I was 3 years ago, no pay rise here again and dare say many of you will be in the same boat, there are people loosing their jobs – they must be absolutely dejected that such incompetence can be rewarded so richly!

I don’t doubt that there is stress,pressure and, long hours in their chosen professions , but wasn’t it well rewarded ? Too well IMHO

Sorry – angry rant over !!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wonder how all the fat cat cvnt bankers vote…you know the ones that drink the city dry of champagne on bonus day every year? What’re we guessing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How’s that chip on the shoulder, Darcy?

willard

Darcy, you seem a little upset. Are you annoyed at the way that the free market and capitalism works?

Maybe the government should put a bit more regulation into the financial system after this. Is that on the cards?

richc
    Free Member

and the final nail in the coffin seems to be Andy Hornby being fired from a HBOS, and then being hired back for £720,000 a year as a consultant.

nuts, and they wonder why the banks need regulating

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Midnighthour
    Free Member

I dont think they will ever do anything to allow removal of peerages, but will stall the public forever with empty talk.

After all, they have been ‘looking into this’ since Mr Archer embarrassed the house, when the view was ‘things will have to change, he cant keep his peerage’. Never happened did it.

I think the problem is that many politicians and their best friends (who get peerages too) have done lots of immoral things that might come to light later on. It is not at all in their own interest to arrange for peerages to be at risk. Why risk loosing their own status when stuff gets discovered about them at a later date? As things stand, there is a bit of bad publicity, the public get bored and move on, and Lord Whoever still gets a good table at the restaurant and several more nicely paying directorships form the old boys club.

It is only a matter of time before we get Lord Blair of Morality.

richcc
    Free Member

Did pull a face today when I heard on the news that Crosby had got his peerage for services to Banking. That would be being the architect of HBOS’s current situation then!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Just what do you have to do to lose a peerage?’ is closed to new replies.